British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   sorry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sorry-398319/)

hindon Sep 24th 2006 10:40 am

sorry

Sorry for all the questions, but there is so much to ask and you peeps over there are the only ones that are really qualified to answer these.

We really would like to be in the Sunshine Coast Caloundra maybe, but can anyone tell me if we wanted a day trip to the Gold Coast (Wet & Wild etc) how long would it take us by car?

thebears Sep 24th 2006 10:43 am

Re: sorry

Originally Posted by hindon
Sorry for all the questions, but there is so much to ask and you peeps over there are the only ones that are really qualified to answer these.

We really would like to be in the Sunshine Coast Caloundra maybe, but can anyone tell me if we wanted a day trip to the Gold Coast (Wet & Wild etc) how long would it take us by car?

Dont apologise mate - we have all been on the other side wanting to know the answers.

Sorry cant help with this question but keen to also know as we are looking to fly up from Melbourne for a break and considering which airport to fly in. My cousin flys up once a fortnight but thats work related not trying to sort hotels and car hire out with a 3 year old.

wanderingwombat Sep 24th 2006 10:44 am

About 2 hours, depending on the Gateway Bridge & approaches.

WW

JohnandMichelle Sep 24th 2006 10:44 am

About 2 hours or thereabouts - straight road, mainly highway. Ask all the questions you want - we've all been there :D

wintersgills Sep 24th 2006 10:46 am

hey how are you? its about an hour and a half maybe a bit more from one to the other hows the work finding going?

hindon Sep 24th 2006 10:48 am

Originally Posted by wintersgills
hey how are you? its about an hour and a half maybe a bit more from one to the other hows the work finding going?

Only just sent off our visas so early days yet.

Maybe i will be contacting you for a job!!!

If i moved to Caloundra how long would it take me to get to you?

wintersgills Sep 24th 2006 10:52 am

Only just sent off our visas so early days yet.

Maybe i will be contacting you for a job!!!

If i moved to Caloundra how long would it take me to get to you?

about an hour and half maybe 2 more during the week ime at blunder road oxley 4076 try google earth maybe that will give you some idea of places and distances you welcome to come and give it a go :D

hindon Sep 24th 2006 10:55 am

about an hour and half maybe 2 more during the week ime at blunder road oxley 4076 try google earth maybe that will give you some idea of places and distances you welcome to come and give it a go :D

Thanks, i may take you up on it. you never know.

wanderingwombat Sep 24th 2006 10:59 am

Caloundra to Blunder Road daily?

Fortunately we live in a democracy because I wouldnt do it. :eek: :D

WW

wintersgills Sep 24th 2006 11:01 am

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Caloundra to Blunder Road daily?

Fortunately we live in a democracy because I wouldnt do it. :eek: :D

WW

yea its a long way

wanderingwombat Sep 24th 2006 11:14 am

yea its a long way

In time more so than distance. The last bit from the Gateway to Oxley (particularly thru Mt Gravatt) would be a PIB.

WW