Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

somthing to ponder

Wikiposts

somthing to ponder

Old May 31st 2003, 12:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool somthing to ponder

The other day i was , driving ,which is what i do every day generally, the local talkback radio was on, the d.j. [leon byner,5AA]came up with this pearl of wisdom ,which i think sums up the Australian way of thinking,we used to have a"Televison show called {life styles of the rich and famous} in Australia this is considered escapist televison, in the rest of the world it,s considered to be a training manuel."..............your thoughts.... MM
Old May 31st 2003, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: somthing to ponder

Originally posted by mr mover
The other day i was , driving ,which is what i do every day generally, the local talkback radio was on, the d.j. [leon byner,5AA]came up with this pearl of wisdom ,which i think sums up the Australian way of thinking,we used to have a"Televison show called {life styles of the rich and famous} in Australia this is considered escapist televison, in the rest of the world it,s considered to be a training manuel."..............your thoughts.... MM
Does anybody know what this Mr Mower guy is talking about ? Beats me I'm afraid. Wasn't Manuel the Spanish waiter from Fawlty Towers ?
Old May 31st 2003, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it a rest Nick, Mr Mover has been really helpful...

Mash...

Originally posted by etlniwd
Does anybody know what this Mr Mower guy is talking about ? Beats me I'm afraid. Wasn't Manuel the Spanish waiter from Fawlty Towers ?
Old May 31st 2003, 4:21 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

An american series originally, nothing quite the same on telly here but we do have two truely awful 'magazines' (OK and Hello) that chase the same market.

PW
Old May 31st 2003, 7:18 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mover!

You mean they meant that in Aus nobody gets rich and famous while in Europe/US everybody does?

Could be right.

Good job I'm rich and famous already!!!

PS What about Kylie, Jason and Danii?

Cheers - Don
Old May 31st 2003, 9:49 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

quite a sharp thought for the day
Old May 31st 2003, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Give it a rest Nick

Mash...
No need to be so abusive. Did I say he was being unhelpful ? I just have a problem with his grammar.
Old May 31st 2003, 11:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

No need to be so abusive. Did I say he was being unhelpful ? I just have a problem with his grammar.
You should take it up with her then Nick
.................................................. ........................or his Grandad?
Old May 31st 2003, 11:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

OK MANUAL ,it was a late night, thats mr mover,mr mower is aready taken by the local lawn mower guy, what the guy was talking about , was the australian preponderence ,with the TALL POPPY SYNDROME, you probably hav,nt seen this in action yet, ?just start to become a little bit succesful and see what happens........ MM
Old Jun 1st 2003, 1:42 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

with the TALL POPPY SYNDROME, you probably hav,nt seen this in action yet, ?just start to become a little bit succesful and see what happens........ MM
There's a great quote from 'The zenophobe's guide to the Aussies' A wonderful little book and one which in my limited experience hits the nail on the head:

"(In australia....) Trying to grow tall is admirable. Actually succeeding is inexcusable"

Perry
Old Jun 1st 2003, 5:16 am
Banned

Originally posted by kentcoast
There's a great quote from 'The zenophobe's guide to the Aussies' A wonderful little book and one which in my limited experience hits the nail on the head:

"(In australia....) Trying to grow tall is admirable. Actually succeeding is inexcusable"

Perry
explains it well, i must get that book,,,,............. MM