Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Old May 18th 2005, 2:06 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

We stayed for our first few weeks at a place called Bridgewater Terraces. I'd highly recommend it, it's in Kangaroo Point with apartments on the river front and you can catch the cross-river ferry into the CBD. It's very central but the tropical gardens and pool give it more of a resort feel than the other hotels in Kangaroo Point.

http://www.wotif.com.au/Hotel.jsp?hotel=5180

It's not the cheapest place but they'll give good discounts if you're staying for a week or more.

Cheers

GLR
Old May 18th 2005, 7:06 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Sarah, we have booked these as a few forum memebers have recommended them and I think they look lovely and very central/ handy too:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/manhattannew/

We have a river view apartment booked, i'm so excited!!!!

Lynn x

Also have a look at www.brisbanebound.com. - I have spoken with Rob a few times via e-mail and he is lovely and extremely helpful - we just decided we didn't need a 3 bedroom furnished house for just the 2 of us at 1st - but again several people recommended them to me - the houses are meant to be lovely!
OMG how spoilt are we going to be? All these places are so lovely. Like you we don't feel the need for a house straight away, well not for a few weeks anyway. Hvae tried to k you, but won't let me.
Sarah
Old May 18th 2005, 7:08 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GLR
We stayed for our first few weeks at a place called Bridgewater Terraces. I'd highly recommend it, it's in Kangaroo Point with apartments on the river front and you can catch the cross-river ferry into the CBD. It's very central but the tropical gardens and pool give it more of a resort feel than the other hotels in Kangaroo Point.

http://www.wotif.com.au/Hotel.jsp?hotel=5180

It's not the cheapest place but they'll give good discounts if you're staying for a week or more.

Cheers

GLR
Many thanks, GLR, will k you when it allows.
Sarah
Old May 18th 2005, 10:18 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teach
OMG how spoilt are we going to be? All these places are so lovely. Like you we don't feel the need for a house straight away, well not for a few weeks anyway. Hvae tried to k you, but won't let me.
Sarah
Hi Sarah - 'Mrs JTL' has stayed in Manhattan on Newstead and thoroughly recommends the apartments.....somebody else on the forum stayed there as well (can't remember who) and also though they were lovely and in a good location. John Ferrier tha manager has been very nice to deal with.

Lynn x
Old May 18th 2005, 10:33 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Sarah - 'Mrs JTL' has stayed in Manhattan on Newstead and thoroughly recommends the apartments.....somebody else on the forum stayed there as well (can't remember who) and also though they were lovely and in a good location. John Ferrier tha manager has been very nice to deal with.

Lynn x
Hi Lynn,
I there , well almost, see dieters. Teeheehee