Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Something That I Have Learned From Living In Australia..

Wikiposts

Something That I Have Learned From Living In Australia..

Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:55 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something That I Have Learned From Living In Australia..

If you have anything to say to me, do it in public and don't try and hide behind PM.

Oh, especially as it also made reference to other people on the forum.

Originally Posted by louise4
Nichola, we have been hre before and i don't think either gained any new outlook on this subject. i have decided that i prefer a peaceful life on this forum and would like it if we could be friends.
I have decided not to answer your question, simply because it would probably lead to cross words again, which really don't want. have a nice day.

Louise

Last edited by Geordie George; Jun 8th 2005 at 4:58 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:58 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

you are like a dog with a bone and probably the unfriendliest person i have had the displeasure to ever talk to.

if trying to keep things friendly via PM consists of hiding then you really are the most argumentative person i have met also.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

if I offend you, put me on ignore.

Personally, I find you talking about someone behind their back more offensive.

you are like a dog with a bone and probably the unfriendliest person i have had the displeasure to ever talk to.

if trying to keep things friendly via PM consists of hiding then you really are the most argumentative person i have met also.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

i give up. you are priceless
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:01 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

And at what point did you try? With that condescending PM???

i give up. you are priceless
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:25 pm
forever hopeful

Nichola, i am sending this via PM because i really do not want to get into another i said she said thread. after the last time when we really couldn't agree on anything i felt that we would not ever be able to get along (thinking towards the future and Sydney meets and all that) don't know if you felt the same.
i am not a confrontational person and since then i have felt apprehensive of joining in with banter with you on the same thread. the other day we both posted on a humerus thread and i thought that we were getting somewhere.
i replied to 'something i have learned in australia' with my view. other people picked up on certain things that i had said, and challenged them. but they challenged them politely and then let them drop. agree to disagree and all that. your response of 'that's bollocks was uncalled for and can see now that maybe yourself and unco were trying to make me rise to the bait.
i find this sad, i would not reply to one of your responses on this matter just because there is no need. we have said all we had to say and anything else is just looking for an argument.
i agree, we are all free to post whatever we want. please do not stop doing that, i know i will,but if in future you ask me to clarify anything on this subject i will not respond at all. you can slate my opinions as much as you like, i won't answer.
i just hope that we can move on and i (i say i because i have no idea if you feel uncomfortable with me) won't feel uncomfortable wondering if you are going to rubbish my replies because you don't agree.

Louise

if yuo want to keep it on the forum. here it is. nothing rude or anything bad said about any other poster.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Louise,
As the other person refered to in the PM (although I am really not sure exactly why) I'd just like to say a couple of things for the record.
Firstly I agree with GG's viewpoint on this particular issue and in that I have a difference of opinion with you Louise, but why should that be a problem? It's a matter of politics and I have differences of opinion with many people who I concider friends without it ever becoming personal or agressive.
I have never attacked you personally and in fact what I said was in support of another post which put beautifully a viewpoint I share. In act all I said was that I wish the world was full open minded tolerant people. It wasn't directed soley at you more at a large number of people who blame the ills of the world on people from different countries. I can understand that it may have looked like an attack as you know I am a friend of GGs and I know you and she have disagreed on the issue of immigration in the past but let me assure you that was not the case. I was not trying to get you to rise to anything - merely giving a viewpoint.
I have managed to stay out of any confrontations so far and resent being dragged into this one!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:29 pm
forever hopeful

Unco please read the post above yours. you will see that i did not say anything bad about you at all. we have spoken (internet wise) in the past and we have gotten along. i like you. if i misinterpreted your reply i am sorry for that.
all i was trying to do was keep it friendly.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:30 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

And I wonder whether Un-Co would think the same.

I just said your PM was condescending. Still think it is ('please keep posting' !!!!). Your post early in this thread said you wanted to be friends and yet now you say:

i felt that we would not ever be able to get along
If you look back through the posts, you made your response to the OP having taken on board previous responses. I did the same. You were the one that then challenged me. All I've said is that if you don't want to get into a discussion, then you shouldn't challenge the point. It was you that sent the PM is response to my post saying that. So far as I can tell, you're the one continuing an argument. Why send the PM? Why not just let it drop? Why reply at all, if you think we're never going to get along????
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:43 pm
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by Geordie George
And I wonder whether Un-Co would think the same.

I just said your PM was condescending. Still think it is ('please keep posting' !!!!). Your post early in this thread said you wanted to be friends and yet now you say:

If you look back through the posts, you made your response to the OP having taken on board previous responses. I did the same. You were the one that then challenged me. All I've said is that if you don't want to get into a discussion, then you shouldn't challenge the point. It was you that sent the PM is response to my post saying that. So far as I can tell, you're the one continuing an argument. Why send the PM? Why not just let it drop? Why reply at all, if you think we're never going to get along????
if you take things out of context you can make of them what you will
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:44 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Finds me offensive, doesn't want to be friends, isn't confrontational and doesn't want to argue.

And yet continues to post on this matter ...

if you take things out of context you can make of them what you will
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Unco please read the post above yours. you will see that i did not say anything bad about you at all. we have spoken (internet wise) in the past and we have gotten along. i like you. if i misinterpreted your reply i am sorry for that.
all i was trying to do was keep it friendly.
Louise,
No you didn't say anything particularly bad about me but you PM'd someone else suggesting I was trying to make you 'rise to the bait' which I have to say I found pretty offensive.
You and Nichola have very strong opinions, as do I. It's whats life is all about. I get irrate when I strongly disagree with certain viewpoints as I can see with both of you too - it's going to happen when discussing politics.
In this thread I feel you've turned personal. It's one thing to say that an idea is B&^%locks or whatever - it's another to judge someone's entire character.
I have no issue with you. As you said before we've talked lightheartedly about other stuff and it's all good. Just please don't resort to personal jibes just because someone hapens to believe passionately something which you do not.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:52 pm
forever hopeful

Unco please tell me where the personal jibes were.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:53 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Look at you being all articulate!

Come on, think this post has been hijacked for long enough. I'll treat you to a in the Docile Trollop.

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Louise,
No you didn't say anything particularly bad about me but you PM'd someone else suggesting I was trying to make you 'rise to the bait' which I have to say I found pretty offensive.
You and Nichola have very strong opinions, as do I. It's whats life is all about. I get irrate when I strongly disagree with certain viewpoints as I can see with both of you too - it's going to happen when discussing politics.
In this thread I feel you've turned personal. It's one thing to say that an idea is B&^%locks or whatever - it's another to judge someone's entire character.
I have no issue with you. As you said before we've talked lightheartedly about other stuff and it's all good. Just please don't resort to personal jibes just because someone hapens to believe passionately something which you do not.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unco please tell me where the personal jibes were.

You've made numerous comments about Nichola. Unfriendly, argumentative, like a dog with a bone, 'priceless' (well maybe I agree with that one )
I'm just saying relax. It's all gotten out of proportion. Heated political discussion is good - I love a good debate. Getting upset about it is bad. Now lets all move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.