Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

some thoughts from an israeli guy.

some thoughts from an israeli guy.

Old Jan 7th 2003, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

guyguy2003 is on a distinguished road
Default canada and australia together

I know that there is no problem with that, but from what i heard in israeli forums, if you do that and you DO get both visas i think canada and you want to stay in both countries to get a citizenship... well you can manage somehow but i heard that Canada is actually checking out if you made a home in canada and if you are serious. (Austrlaia has no problems).
Old Jan 7th 2003, 8:31 am
Just Joined

fastfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: canada and australia together

Originally posted by guyguy2003
I know that there is no problem with that, but from what i heard in israeli forums, if you do that and you DO get both visas i think canada and you want to stay in both countries to get a citizenship... well you can manage somehow but i heard that Canada is actually checking out if you made a home in canada and if you are serious. (Austrlaia has no problems).
Thanks, Guy,
That's something to think about. You know after all, these things cost money
In fact which israeli forums do you visit on the matter, can you give me some links?
Old Jan 7th 2003, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Are you israeli? they are in hebrew so if you don't know the langauges you'll have trouble reading them
community.walla.co.il - go to chool then hakivoon australia.
or on www.ynet.co.il.
Old Jan 8th 2003, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Are you israeli? they are in hebrew so if you don't know the langauges you'll have trouble reading them
community.walla.co.il - go to chool then hakivoon australia.
or on www.ynet.co.il.
Sorry for probably missing that point, yes I am an israeli at least partly. Actually, that's the reason why I asked you as an israeli before
Thanks for links
Old Jan 8th 2003, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Default hehe :)

shalom

what do you mean partly? and btw the ynet site decided to take money from people abroad very annoying it was not supposed to happen to the forums but still i couldn't get in the main page without them asking me for money.:scared:

so the walla site is the only option for now sadly.

tell me more about u.
Old Jan 8th 2003, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: hehe :)

shalom

what do you mean partly? and btw the ynet site decided to take money from people abroad very annoying it was not supposed to happen to the forums but still i couldn't get in the main page without them asking me for money.:scared:

so the walla site is the only option for now sadly.

tell me more about u.
Shalom,
Partly, because I am ole hadash from Ukraine
That's a very nice forum (walla), you gave me the link to, though it seems to me there is some lack of professional/experienced advice. Do the israelis already in Australia visit that forum?
Old Jan 9th 2003, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Default :)

Well i think that this one and the newsgroup (Aus and NZ immigration also here in britishexpats) are better in terms of help, the ynet was good as well if you are in israel you could still go there but i think that since yesturday the population using it was reduced dramatically because they decided that ppl from abroad must pay.
Its funny you know, a friend of mine said that the new migrants from the former soviet union will stay in the country no matter what because they are new migrants who always have a vision and fight. (like it was with my parents and all the new migrants over the years). I guess we come to a point where this is not true anymore huh?
when did you come to israel, where do you live?
and why do you want to leave israel?

cheers

Guy.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Default Re: :)

Well i think that this one and the newsgroup (Aus and NZ immigration also here in britishexpats) are better in terms of help, the ynet was good as well if you are in israel you could still go there but i think that since yesturday the population using it was reduced dramatically because they decided that ppl from abroad must pay.
Its funny you know, a friend of mine said that the new migrants from the former soviet union will stay in the country no matter what because they are new migrants who always have a vision and fight. (like it was with my parents and all the new migrants over the years). I guess we come to a point where this is not true anymore huh?
when did you come to israel, where do you live?
and why do you want to leave israel?

cheers

Guy.
Hi, Guy,
As for migrants from former Soviet Union, I would never dare to speak on their behalf. They are just people, some more resolute, some less, some more clever, some less and so on.
I dislike joining people under some categories, this is humiliating.
Concerning my desire to leave Israel, i can say more or less the same things as you've said yourself, when you started this topic. I can add only, that in the age of internet and supersonic flights it's useless to stick to grandpa's dogmas. One shall go and look for better place for himself and build his own life there. No dogmas, but no free sandwiches as well, believe me.
And finally, i love Israel very much. Inspite of all the bureaucracy, shhitut vebalagan. As you probably noticed, I claim being
israeli at least partly, that means that I consider myself more (and more is 100%).
But as i told you before, in our age everything happens quickly, people come to israel, they become 100% israelis in several years and as such, they understand, that its impossible to stay
Look at yourself, my friend
Disclaimer: everything said above concerns me and nobody else
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Default Hey

I didn't mean just migrants from one place, generally its known that the first generation is much more concerned and fights for the country. you can see that in israel as well - the migrants are much more right wing, and usually become very involved in politics. of course each person has its own view, but still you see a general attitude.
I also feel that each person should look for a good place to live.
If i could i would fight for the country, but im too confused about what should we actually do and i don't see it getting any better.

Must be hard for you to immigrate 2 times. in what stage are you now in the immigration process?
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Hey

I didn't mean just migrants from one place, generally its known that the first generation is much more concerned and fights for the country. you can see that in israel as well - the migrants are much more right wing, and usually become very involved in politics. of course each person has its own view, but still you see a general attitude.
I also feel that each person should look for a good place to live.
If i could i would fight for the country, but im too confused about what should we actually do and i don't see it getting any better.

Must be hard for you to immigrate 2 times. in what stage are you now in the immigration process?
I probably cannot consider myself a rightwinger. Maybe just because those 2 times I already voted, it was for Merez. And this time it most likely will be the same.
On the other hand I do not feel any sympathy to those idiots with explosives on them, to those parents, who film their toddlers with "shaheed vest" and suicide writings on the forehead, to those teachers, who teach their children that Allah would admire them killing a jew.
But that's the point, where a true courage has to be demonstrated as far as i see. If one really believes in democracy, one should know that it is capable to overcome any dogmatic regime. In our case the belief starts being too much "religious" that's why I'd like to leave
Old Jan 9th 2003, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Default :)

i was meretz as well(even been on meretz youth), if i was in israel i would put shinooy but im not sure that ill come just for that, altough its important for me.
I told my sister to vote shinooy for me since she has no political agenda, and im trying to convince anyone i can.
In the recent situation with the arabs, I think meretz is too left wing, and the labor party was in the government just like the likud so for me the are responsible for the situation just as well.
I just hope that if shinooy would be big enough the coalision would be with them and not the religious parties.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 9:06 am
Just Joined

It is not so hard if you think how much hope it gives you, look at british migrants. Change - that's the keyword. People like changes, they enjoy sudden tide of activity, they even imagine that it will bring an improvement .

I'm writing my CDR (in order to pass IEA assessment).
Old Jan 9th 2003, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

I agree with every word.
sadly this is a change that takes alot of time.
whats a CDR?
Old Jan 9th 2003, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Default Re: :)

i was meretz as well(even been on meretz youth), if i was in israel i would put shinooy but im not sure that ill come just for that, altough its important for me.
I told my sister to vote shinooy for me since she has no political agenda, and im trying to convince anyone i can.
In the recent situation with the arabs, I think meretz is too left wing, and the labor party was in the government just like the likud so for me the are responsible for the situation just as well.
I just hope that if shinooy would be big enough the coalision would be with them and not the religious parties.
They have an illusion in Israel regarding all this left-right matter.

There is no extremely left party in Israel

Believe me, I am experienced in left parties issue, remember where I came from
Meretz has just a merely social-democratic tendency. Not more.
As for me, you would try to convince me in vain. I like the voice of Mr. Sarid, it reminds me command speeches of Stalin (joke )
Old Jan 9th 2003, 9:21 am
Just Joined

I agree with every word.
sadly this is a change that takes alot of time.
whats a CDR?
CDR - competency demonstration report. If you do not deal with IEA, you don't need it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.