Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some thing for nothing

Some thing for nothing

Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Some thing for nothing

We bought a computer table from Salvos yesterday and was suprised to get a free gift!
We were putting said table into car and as hubby turned it side ways i noticed a great big (well probably not that big) red back spider complete with 3 egg sacks!!!!
And who said you can't get some thing for nothing these days.lol
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Some thing for nothing

Originally Posted by jwood
We bought a computer table from Salvos yesterday and was suprised to get a free gift!
We were putting said table into car and as hubby turned it side ways i noticed a great big (well probably not that big) red back spider complete with 3 egg sacks!!!!
And who said you can't get some thing for nothing these days.lol

Lovellllly! What did you do?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Lovellllly! What did you do?
Hubby used the nozel of a pertol can and removed the spider and egg sacks. i went in to salvos and asked the lady (who we always have a natter to) if she was trying to get rid of us. she gave me a can of Mortien and a dust pan and brush.lol
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Hubby used the nozel of a pertol can and removed the spider and egg sacks. i went in to salvos and asked the lady (who we always have a natter to) if she was trying to get rid of us. she gave me a can of Mortien and a dust pan and brush.lol

Great stuff! I have just read this post to my husband and asked him what he would have done in that position, he said he would of run off!!!

What a pussy!! So I told him he might as well stay in England because he is of no use to me if he can't remove a spider! Tut Tut!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great stuff! I have just read this post to my husband and asked him what he would have done in that position, he said he would of run off!!!

What a pussy!! So I told him he might as well stay in England because he is of no use to me if he can't remove a spider! Tut Tut!
It's weird though, in England we never squashed anything, John (hubby) would pick up spiders and put them outside, but since we've been here we are like terminators. there are 3 types of ant, small, usual size and large - about an inch- that all bite. I swear they walk round in hob nail boots.
As for spiders John kills first and asks questions later. I went to wash up the other day and there was a white tip in the sink, usualy i'd get John to put it outside but it just got a kettle of boiling water instead.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

It's weird though, in England we never squashed anything, John (hubby) would pick up spiders and put them outside, but since we've been here we are like terminators. there are 3 types of ant, small, usual size and large - about an inch- that all bite. I swear they walk round in hob nail boots.
As for spiders John kills first and asks questions later. I went to wash up the other day and there was a white tip in the sink, usualy i'd get John to put it outside but it just got a kettle of boiling water instead.

At terminators, too funny, we could do with you in our house! I have been known to sleep in the spare room because of a spider in our bedroom. (Husband some times works away, hence no one to remove it) Pathetic I know! But I think by moving to OZ where there are deadly/HUGE spiders I might overcome my fears, either that or win a gold medal for the 100 metres!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

At terminators, too funny, we could do with you in our house! I have been known to sleep in the spare room because of a spider in our bedroom. (Husband some times works away, hence no one to remove it) Pathetic I know! But I think by moving to OZ where there are deadly/HUGE spiders I might overcome my fears, either that or win a gold medal for the 100 metres!!
All things considered the spiders arn't that bad really, at least they try to run away and only come in contact with you by accident. The problem i have is the ants, stand still for a millisecond and there on you. We went to view a rental and i stood in the garden talking to the real estate agent, i felt something on my feet (wearing flip flops at the time) i looked down and my feet were covered in ants. anyway the agent must have thought i was having a fit as there i was stamping my feet, running round the garden like a mad thing. All the real estate agent said was and i quote "oh yes we get a lot of ants this time of year". My reply "No sh*t sherlock"
Needless to say we never took the house - reason! To many bl**dy ants.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:10 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Spiders used to be my worst nightmare, I couldn't even deal with little ones.

THEN, I went to live in Hong Kong, they had cockroaches. Not your usual small ones, but big buggers who could fly! We lived on the 4th floor and used to get them flying onto the balcony.

We hadn't been there long and I got one in the living room, I phoned Steve at work and told him (through my hysteria) that that was it, he could live in that stinking country if he wanted but I was off back to uk where the beasties were of a manageable size. I did calm down though, had a can of Baygon in every room and stayed another 3 years.

After that spiders are ok, I wouldn't say I don't mind them, but they don't bother me as much - at least they don't fly at you.

Baygon/Mortein is my friend - I keep it everywhere

Shirley
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

a few weeks ago my husband had a huntsman spider, about the size of his hand, crawl across his face when he was driving. He crashed into the car in front and luckily nobody was hurt. Gave him the fright of his life