Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

some research help please

some research help please

Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Default some research help please

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with some research i'm doing reguarding the dangers faced by backpackers.Its mainly focusing on travelling in the outback but is also quite general.
This research is for a journalism course I am doing at the moment and im looking for stories from people who may have had a dangerous experience in the outback, either from animals or people , or anythingelse.
My final article is to be my first published work so if any of you would like me to use any of your stories, I could use your quotes, advice or knowledge and mention you in the article.
Also if anyone could advise on where I could get info on the number of backpackers coming to Oz and where they're mostly coming from, ages, nationality etc I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Martin
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:58 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: some research help please

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with some research i'm doing reguarding the dangers faced by backpackers.Its mainly focusing on travelling in the outback but is also quite general.
This research is for a journalism course I am doing at the moment and im looking for stories from people who may have had a dangerous experience in the outback, either from animals or people , or anythingelse.
My final article is to be my first published work so if any of you would like me to use any of your stories, I could use your quotes, advice or knowledge and mention you in the article.
Also if anyone could advise on where I could get info on the number of backpackers coming to Oz and where they're mostly coming from, ages, nationality etc I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Martin
Hi Samjam
I'd be quite happy to help you out with a story but it was 15 years ago so I don't know how relevent it would be.. But then backpacking hasn't changed that much.
Drop me an IM if you like.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi Samjam
I'd be quite happy to help you out with a story but it was 15 years ago so I don't know how relevent it would be.. But then backpacking hasn't changed that much.
Drop me an IM if you like.
Hi, I'd love to hear your story, if its what im looking for , would you like me to quote you and maybe put your name in the article??
Thanks again
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:44 am
Account Closed

Hi, I'd love to hear your story, if its what im looking for , would you like me to quote you and maybe put your name in the article??
Thanks again
Sure, that's fine, though I wouldn't particularly like it available here if that's agreeable?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
Sure, that's fine, though I wouldn't particularly like it available here if that's agreeable?
no problem.
Thanks
Martin
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:12 am
Account Closed

no problem.
Thanks
Martin
Ok, well I'll take that as a signed confidentiality agreement. I'll type up tonight and mail it through to you. Do you have an email you can IM me?