Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

some good news for some on house prices..

some good news for some on house prices..

Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:38 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default some good news for some on house prices..

while we were out (in perth)last month looking for houses we stumbled a lovely place for $560k ,so any way my sister in law decided to buy it ..

well the cheek of my brother in law he told me he was going to put a offer in $40k less than the asking price and guess what you would not believe it, they snapped his hand off..

well thats his boat sorted now!!

anyone else had similar experiences??

thanks

aston
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: some good news for some on house prices..

Originally Posted by aston man
while we were out (in perth)last month looking for houses we stumbled a lovely place for $560k ,so any way my sister in law decided to buy it ..

well the cheek of my brother in law he told me he was going to put a offer in $40k less than the asking price and guess what you would not believe it, they snapped his hand off..

thanks

aston
I do hope that it is good news and a general trend, we are hoping to be moving to Perth at the end March.

Nicky x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:45 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
I do hope that it is good news and a general trend, we are hoping to be moving to Perth at the end March.

Nicky x
WERE heading 4 perth hope it stays like that.....
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:46 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

thanks

aston
In Peregian Springs (on the Sunshine Coast) we looked at two houses for sale. Never been lived in asking $780,000. After 48 hours they were offering (for quick sale) to us for $695,000 (and offered to put in a pool as part of the deal) but at the time we weren't ready. Apparently it is getting into a bit of a buyers market.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping for a sellers market here in the U.K. and a buyers market in Aussie.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:37 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kapri
Here's hoping for a sellers market here in the U.K. and a buyers market in Aussie.
Me too, We are putting ours are the market next week
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

aston
That's good.

A friend of mine who develops has just bought another property in Perth. He always offers 50K less than the asking price and shops around until someone accepts. Last time (late 2005/early 2006) it took him 5 months to get a house. This month he found one in 3 weeks.

If you are out in Perth and you drive around there are many many more for sale boards around than last year. Everyone is hoping to sell before the slow-down. We are looking at rental at the moment and there is very little on offer with agents confirming lots of property has been taken out of rental to be sold. If you are prepared to forego the anticipated cut on stamp duty and find a pragmatist seller you should be able to get a good deal.

Mark
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:36 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

its funny how things can turn round so quickly,i was reading yesterday how house prices in the uk are going to rise by £1k per month,not good reading when i have just sold my house.then today got that news off the family in perth...

funny old world....
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:52 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

its funny how things can turn round so quickly,i was reading yesterday how house prices in the uk are going to rise by £1k per month,not good reading when i have just sold my house.then today got that news off the family in perth...

funny old world....
ast did you have an easy enough time selling. I'm dreading it, probably the bad press over interest rates
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:04 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

haven't Perth prices risen by about 40% in the last year?
plus depends how desperate the seller is to sell
plus something I have seen in Sydney - a house not shifting, was marketed at 1 price for a bit, reduced $15k, now back on the market at the higher price (this is not the only house I have seen where the price has a yo-yo effect - people like a bargin, "ooh I got it less than asking price" failing to take account that was the asking price last month)
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iceman
ast did you have an easy enough time selling. I'm dreading it, probably the bad press over interest rates
i sold it in a week,i am sure you will sell it ,there always printing bullspoo in the papers,do you remember about five years ago when they told us to sell your house wait for the crash ane re,buy,,jeezus..you would off lost a bleedin fortune..

if i could turn the clock back there is no way i would let anyone know i was going to oz,they think its a leaver to use against you..jeez we had to give em half our furniature in the price..
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:11 pm
The Master of Disaster

i sold it in a week,i am sure you will sell it ,there always printing bullspoo in the papers,do you remember about five years ago when they told us to sell your house wait for the crash ane re,buy,,jeezus..you would off lost a bleedin fortune..

if i could turn the clock back there is no way i would let anyone know i was going to oz,they think its a leaver to use against you..jeez we had to give em half our furniature in the price..
Hope so. Painting and decorating like mad.
I remember a few years ago they said the market would crash. At the time I was going to buy another place as a nest egg for the kids, but thought no we'll lose money. Prices have doubled !!!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iceman
Hope so. Painting and decorating like mad.
I remember a few years ago they said the market would crash. At the time I was going to buy another place as a nest egg for the kids, but thought no we'll lose money. Prices have doubled !!!

i know mate ,thats what i was worrying about happening over there,like perth our houses have doubled in price ,i know not as quick but they have been saying for years here,thats it the prices have peaked but still the houses keep on going up!!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:32 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

That is still the same in Perth the prices are going up a bit slower but still up. It is good though that you are able to make an offer now instead of people fighting it out and panic buying ... getting some money off somehow seems to justify a purchase, makes people happier about having to spend a fortune. Us Brummies like a bargain

Where abouts is the house they are buying ?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:39 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours for $70 grand less than the original asking price. Our offer was $50 grand below the revised asking price and was snapped up by the vendor.

But to put things in perspective - it was still probably double what most of our neighbours would have paid for houses on the same street - or possibly even nearly treble in some cases.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.