Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some Day My Ship(ment) Will Come In!!!

Some Day My Ship(ment) Will Come In!!!

Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Question Some Day My Ship(ment) Will Come In!!!

Hi can somebody tell me how long I have to wait until I get my hands on the contents of my container. It arrived in Sydney on Friday (22nd April). I have heard it can take as little as 10 days, is this correct or am I wishful thinking.

There arn't too many nasties in there, however, have been told they don't like wicker (we have a 3 piece conservatory suite in there!) shoes, shoes and more shoes (don't ask!!) kids bikes (I did clean them before we left) and xmas decorations (am sure that there were no nasty pine cones in there(fingers crossed)). So hopefully it will be all plain 'sailing'

WHEEZY
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:04 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some Day My Ship(ment) Will Come In!!!

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi can somebody tell me how long I have to wait until I get my hands on the contents of my container. It arrived in Sydney on Friday (22nd April). I have heard it can take as little as 10 days, is this correct or am I wishful thinking.

There arn't too many nasties in there, however, have been told they don't like wicker (we have a 3 piece conservatory suite in there!) shoes, shoes and more shoes (don't ask!!) kids bikes (I did clean them before we left) and xmas decorations (am sure that there were no nasty pine cones in there(fingers crossed)). So hopefully it will be all plain 'sailing'

WHEEZY

Do I have to remove the pine cones from my christmas decorations?
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:42 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Do I have to remove the pine cones from my christmas decorations?
YES!

R.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Our ship arrived on 7th April , we got our contents last thursday morning.

The main problem was getting an AQIS appointment time - they were booked and delayed it 3-4 days.

good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by spalen
Our ship arrived on 7th April , we got our contents last thursday morning.

The main problem was getting an AQIS appointment time - they were booked and delayed it 3-4 days.

good luck!

Sorry to appear dumb, what is an AQIS and should I be on the phone arranging an appointment date first thing on Tuesday morning?

Thanks.

WHEEZY
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to appear dumb, what is an AQIS and should I be on the phone arranging an appointment date first thing on Tuesday morning?

Thanks.

WHEEZY
AQIS are the Quaratine Service, they will inspect your shipment looking for untreated wood etc, and then bill you for treatment of whatever they find.
You do not need to book the appointment, it is sorted by the importing shippers once the comtainer has cleared Customs. All you can do is sit and wait......
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
AQIS are the Quaratine Service, they will inspect your shipment looking for untreated wood etc, and then bill you for treatment of whatever they find.
You do not need to book the appointment, it is sorted by the importing shippers once the comtainer has cleared Customs. All you can do is sit and wait......
Thanks Pollyana

Has anybody had to have anything treated? Why? And was it expensive? :scared:
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana

Has anybody had to have anything treated? Why? And was it expensive? :scared:
They charge you per item - and you are at the mercy....I had a silk/cotton hat, had some artificial flowers on the brim. AQIS quoted $85 to destroy or $65 to irradiate it ....because they thought the seeds might be real.....
Most people seem to get through with nothing, or only a bill for £200 or so, but until you pay it they won't release the rest.
Good luck!!!