Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

solictors in essex

solictors in essex

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default solictors

Hi there

Can anyone recommend any solicitors for a house sale in the Essex area. I need web pages if poss. as I am not in the UK.

Thanks
Debs

Last edited by debsy; Nov 24th 2003 at 2:12 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:02 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: solictors in essex

Originally posted by debsy
Hi there

Can anyone recommend any solicitors for a house sale in the Essex area. I need web pages if poss. as I am not in the UK.

Thanks
Debs
Hi Debs,

We used Talfourds Solicitors in Hornchurch,(Talfourds), they were pretty good. Have a look at this site , this is a list of sites that give free initial advice by email.

Good luck,

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Nov 23rd 2003 at 8:05 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Steve.

We used that firm when we bought the house and found them not to be very good. They tried to charge us extra at the end.

debs
Old Nov 24th 2003, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve.

We used that firm when we bought the house and found them not to be very good. They tried to charge us extra at the end.

debs
Debs,

As you probably know I'm a solicitor (although I don't do Conveyancing - far too much hassle!) Is there any reason why you want to use an Essex solicitor - given you're abroad anyway I wouldn't have thought it matters where your solicitor is! A lot of firms now act for conveyancing clients all over the country, not just locally to where they are or where the property is located. Most will do fixed quotes and certainly shouldn't charge more than their quote otherwise they would be in trouble with the Office for Supervision of Solicitors. I think the firm where I used to work in Southampton accepts conveyancing instructions online - if you'd like their details let me know...

BTW, we had a brilliant time on holiday in Kalkan. Couldn't get over how lovely the Turkish people are. Would love to book again for next year but after what happened in Istanbul may wait a while to see how things pans out.

Nicola
Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nic

Glad to hear that you had a great time. I expect things will be difficult here now with regards to tourism. If we are still here for your next visit it would be nice to see you. The weather is still warm here at the moment.

Nic, there is no reason for me to use an Essex solicitor. The one I have been quoted was no fee no sale and they said that was why it was so expensive. I would appreciate any assistance.
thanks
Debs
Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: solictors

Hi Debs,

Replied to you on the other thread you started about this subject. We are in Essex, but we are using conveyancers we found via the internet. They deal with everything via mail and telephone. All inclusive £325 for the sale conveyancing.

Their website is here

You can get various quotes via reallymoving

Hazel
Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Nic

Glad to hear that you had a great time. I expect things will be difficult here now with regards to tourism. If we are still here for your next visit it would be nice to see you. The weather is still warm here at the moment.

Nic, there is no reason for me to use an Essex solicitor. The one I have been quoted was no fee no sale and they said that was why it was so expensive. I would appreciate any assistance.
thanks
Debs
Debs,

Have sent you an email.

Nic
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Caprons they are based in Grays and they were very good no delays or hold ups at all.

DO NOT USE Margaret Reynolds I know of lots of people that have had very serious problems with her and she delays to get more money etc.