Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Solicit Experts Advise on Australia w.r.t. Jobs & Work Conditions?

Solicit Experts Advise on Australia w.r.t. Jobs & Work Conditions?

Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:05 pm
skbn136app

Default Solicit Experts Advise on Australia w.r.t. Jobs & Work Conditions?

Hello All,

My application is in the final stages of processing. I have submitted the medicals + pcc's and am expecting pregrant any day. Currently, I work in Kuwait as System Admin and I am pretty satisfied with my Job. I am posting this thread specifically to get advise from all of you already there. Please advise over the following points:

a) Is racisim is there in Australia. Though, websites says Australian Residents, do they descriminate when it comes to appointment.

b) I am pretty sure about my qualification and experience, but still want to know if I could be the victim of biasness. I mean does colour of skin matters there. (myself from india)

c) This one for IT Professionals: With CISSP, MCDBA, OCDBA, MCSE, RHCE, MCSE, CNE, CCNA and experience of more than 10 years, would I be able to secure a job in 3 months of time?

Please advise

Regards

skbn136app

Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Solicit Experts Advise on Australia w.r.t. Jobs & Work Conditions?

There is racism everywhere, but in different ways, and different levels.
Not much of it seems to occur in employment, "IF" you can do the job well.
However, people with "local" Australian experience tend to get preference in most jobs.

Communication though, is important; many job adverts specify "good communication skills".

Different colours of skin are commonplace here in most developed areas, and should not be too much of a problem.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by skbn136app
websites says Australian Residents, do they descriminate when it comes to appointment.
Once you move to Oz with your 136 visa, you will be an Australian resident.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:46 pm
skbn136app

Originally posted by wmoore
Once you move to Oz with your 136 visa, you will be an Australian resident.
Hello wmoore,

My query was even if becoming resident does not solve the problem.

regards

skbn136app

Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:45 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by skbn136app
My query was even if becoming resident does not solve the problem.
It solves the problem if you would otherwise fit the rest of the requirements for that particular job.

Plenty of migrants get professional jobs in Australia, but there are also plenty of migrants driving taxis here - just like every other country of migrants.

Peter
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:48 am
oozie04

Originally posted by ptlabs
It solves the problem if you would otherwise fit the rest of the requirements for that particular job.

Plenty of migrants get professional jobs in Australia, but there are also plenty of migrants driving taxis here - just like every other country of migrants.

Peter
Hello Peter,

If Australian Government wants professionals like us who has huge demand anyways... to drive there taxis... I do think... I should start looking at other options too apart from immigration.....

Regards

ozzie04