sole custody

Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:12 pm
toni

tonihaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sole custody

hi can anyone help please, if i get sole custody of the children will my ex be able to stop me emigrating to oz? he has limited access rights at the moment
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: sole custody

Hi your the same position as we are, I'm afraid if he has PR and he objects you will have to go the court route, sorry to bring the bad news. We started the process today and it does get you down but just remember the goal.

Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by edie209
Hi your the same position as we are, I'm afraid if he has PR and he objects you will have to go the court route, sorry to bring the bad news. We started the process today and it does get you down but just remember the goal.

Good luck
Hi Edie209,

I'v been apart from my ex-husband for 7yrs now. He lives in South Africa and could not be bothered about my son. He has never paid a penny in Child Maintenance, sent birthday, christmas cards etc. When we split up we agreed that I have sole custody of Jonathan and that I am bringing him up (I want to give him a better life - which I am ).

I am now engaged to Dave (5yrs) and he has taken Jonathan on as his own (not adopted though). He brings Jonathan up as his own.child. My ex is fully aware of this and does not bat an eyelid. I have mentioned to my ex-mother-in-law about us immigrating to Aussie and would it be a problem with Jonathans biological Dad. She said No - I can go ahead and do whatever we want to - because they know that whatever we do - will be the best for Jonathan too.

... anyway in the Visa application - does it ask about divorces, biological parents, change of names via Deed poll etc? I have changed my & Jonathans surnames nearly 2yrs ago via Deed Poll as I didn't want my ex-husbands surname! How complicated are the visa forms?

tx - and sorry for such a long winded post - but hey thats me...lol

maz
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:27 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Hi Edie209,

I'v been apart from my ex-husband for 7yrs now. He lives in South Africa and could not be bothered about my son. He has never paid a penny in Child Maintenance, sent birthday, christmas cards etc. When we split up we agreed that I have sole custody of Jonathan and that I am bringing him up (I want to give him a better life - which I am ).

I am now engaged to Dave (5yrs) and he has taken Jonathan on as his own (not adopted though). He brings Jonathan up as his own.child. My ex is fully aware of this and does not bat an eyelid. I have mentioned to my ex-mother-in-law about us immigrating to Aussie and would it be a problem with Jonathans biological Dad. She said No - I can go ahead and do whatever we want to - because they know that whatever we do - will be the best for Jonathan too.

... anyway in the Visa application - does it ask about divorces, biological parents, change of names via Deed poll etc? I have changed my & Jonathans surnames nearly 2yrs ago via Deed Poll as I didn't want my ex-husbands surname! How complicated are the visa forms?

tx - and sorry for such a long winded post - but hey thats me...lol

maz
Hi,
Yes......the visa application requires marriage/divorce papers, any change of name documents, full birth certificates, proof of consent if other parent isn't emigrating/or a Removal From The Jurisdiction Court Order, any court order regarding custody/residency etc.
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonihaz
hi can anyone help please, if i get sole custody of the children will my ex be able to stop me emigrating to oz? he has limited access rights at the moment

What exactly do you mean by "sole custody"? It's not a concept recognised under U.K. child law.

A court can give you permission (or not give it, as the case may be) to remove children from jurisdiction if you currently have a residence order.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:02 am
toni

i mean if he has no access rights due to a court order
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:08 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

i mean if he has no access rights due to a court order
Hi,
My ex has no contact with my daughter (by court order)......but as we were married and he is named on her birth certificate (and he refused to sign the consent form) I had to go to Court to get a Removal from the Jurisdiction Order for my daughter to leave the UK and emigrate to Australia.
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:12 am
toni

many thanks for this info so have to get a court order whatever the situation thanks
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:19 am
Make it happen!!!!

many thanks for this info so have to get a court order whatever the situation thanks
Good luck with everything, just yell if you need anything
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:21 am
toni

thanks, how much did it cost you to get the order if you dont mind me asking?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:28 am
Make it happen!!!!

thanks, how much did it cost you to get the order if you dont mind me asking?
I had to go to court for almost a year on and off to deal with other issues before the RFTJ Order.........the total cost came to just under £7,500
If you're just going for the RFTJ Order and nothing else (like a residency order, changing child's name legally, contact order etc) then I would hope £2,000 - £3,000 should cover it......and that's including solicitor's fees, barrister's fees, court application fees, court costs etc.
It could be more or less though.......so find a very good family solicitor first.
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:30 am
toni

thanks for that beth so ave u emigrated now?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:32 am
Make it happen!!!!

thanks for that beth so ave u emigrated now?
NO......LOL
Had our 175 visa granted in November 07........but still haven't sold our house :curse:
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:35 am
toni

where do u want to settle in oz
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:37 am
Make it happen!!!!

where do u want to settle in oz
Hubby has a job offer in Cairns, North Queensland.........although I still quite fancy Tasmania myself
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.