British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sold-house-today-now-where-should-we-head-338026/)

dh1905 Nov 17th 2005 6:53 pm

Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Ok, sold the house may be too strong a phrase but we have certainly accepted an offer after nearly 6 months!!!!!!!!

I've not really posted much in the last few months as kind of lost all hope in ever getting to Oz, but just goes to show you never know whats around the corner...
Now I could do with some good advice and tips please : :confused:

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!! :D :scared:

We are hopefully heading for the Gold Coast but still really not made our mind up at all and now is the time for serious research :eek: Property prices are a major factor as we are not going with a huge amount of cash compared to may people on this site and job availability is another concern, I work in education and hubby is a joiner.
I would really welcome any advice on where to start, a rental organised from this end or Oz? Bank accounts, can you get one in this country? Any practical advice please on anything would be greatly appreciated.
I've done a search but lots coming up is some months old and I was hoping to get some totally up to date help.

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx

The A Team Nov 17th 2005 7:20 pm

Re: Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Originally Posted by dh1905
Ok, sold the house may be too strong a phrase but we have certainly accepted an offer after nearly 6 months!!!!!!!!

I've not really posted much in the last few months as kind of lost all hope in ever getting to Oz, but just goes to show you never know whats around the corner...

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!!

We are hopefully heading for the Gold Coast but still really not made our mind up at all and now is the time for serious research :eek: Property prices are a major factor as we are not going with a huge amount of cash compared to may people on this site and job availability is another concern, I work in education and hubby is a joiner.
I would really welcome any advice on where to start, a rental organised from this end or Oz? Bank accounts, can you get one in this country? Any practical advice please on anything would be greatly appreciated.
I've done a search but lots coming up is some months old and I was hoping to get some totally up to date help.

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx

Can't help you decide where you should head for as I can't make my own mind up :rolleyes: but I'm really chuffed you've found a buyer at last and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it all goes through for you :D :D

debbiemc Nov 17th 2005 9:22 pm

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!! :D :scared:

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx

congratulations on selling the house. i cant offer you any definate , right answers just a little advice i know of. firstly, i wouldnt think your hubby will have the slightest problem getting work as a joiner as most skilled tradesmen are in demand.

there are also a good few on here who left for aus with very little money and settled very well. I know that at HSBC and yorkshire banks, you can open accounts here for aus.

if you havent already been on it, ourbribane.com is a fantastic site with tons of info that should keep you busy for a while.

good luck

debbie

Jonahs_mummy Nov 17th 2005 9:37 pm

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx

Fanbloodytastic Donna!!!!!!!!
I have snt you an email!
Claire
x