Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Talking Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Ok, sold the house may be too strong a phrase but we have certainly accepted an offer after nearly 6 months!!!!!!!!

I've not really posted much in the last few months as kind of lost all hope in ever getting to Oz, but just goes to show you never know whats around the corner...
Now I could do with some good advice and tips please :

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!! :scared:

We are hopefully heading for the Gold Coast but still really not made our mind up at all and now is the time for serious research Property prices are a major factor as we are not going with a huge amount of cash compared to may people on this site and job availability is another concern, I work in education and hubby is a joiner.
I would really welcome any advice on where to start, a rental organised from this end or Oz? Bank accounts, can you get one in this country? Any practical advice please on anything would be greatly appreciated.
I've done a search but lots coming up is some months old and I was hoping to get some totally up to date help.

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:20 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sold the house today!!!! Now where should we head....

Originally Posted by dh1905
Ok, sold the house may be too strong a phrase but we have certainly accepted an offer after nearly 6 months!!!!!!!!

I've not really posted much in the last few months as kind of lost all hope in ever getting to Oz, but just goes to show you never know whats around the corner...

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!!

We are hopefully heading for the Gold Coast but still really not made our mind up at all and now is the time for serious research Property prices are a major factor as we are not going with a huge amount of cash compared to may people on this site and job availability is another concern, I work in education and hubby is a joiner.
I would really welcome any advice on where to start, a rental organised from this end or Oz? Bank accounts, can you get one in this country? Any practical advice please on anything would be greatly appreciated.
I've done a search but lots coming up is some months old and I was hoping to get some totally up to date help.

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx
Can't help you decide where you should head for as I can't make my own mind up but I'm really chuffed you've found a buyer at last and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it all goes through for you
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

We got our visas in July and we are hoping to head out in March 06, with hubby and 2 kids, at last!!!! :scared:

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx
congratulations on selling the house. i cant offer you any definate , right answers just a little advice i know of. firstly, i wouldnt think your hubby will have the slightest problem getting work as a joiner as most skilled tradesmen are in demand.

there are also a good few on here who left for aus with very little money and settled very well. I know that at HSBC and yorkshire banks, you can open accounts here for aus.

if you havent already been on it, ourbribane.com is a fantastic site with tons of info that should keep you busy for a while.

good luck

debbie
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot, Donna xxx
Fanbloodytastic Donna!!!!!!!!
I have snt you an email!
Claire
x