Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sold house before visa please help!!!

Sold house before visa please help!!!

Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:41 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sold house before visa please help!!!

Originally Posted by Willij
Thanks,

We're going it alone - 'For Sale' sign is in garage ready and waiting.

I'm just dreading showing people around (last time, even with an agent, we ended up doing the viewings hence the above decision).

At least I can use up all my smelly candles to mask the doggy smell
lol, and dont forget the fresh flowers and coffee

Best of luck you are doing the right thing, I think most agents get paid for nothing, I am still trying to convice OH

Let us know how it goes
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:09 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't start stressing just yet,

We sold our house before we were granted visa, Sold house 16th April, visa granted beginning of May (very early too)
We are still in out house, i don't want to be the harbinger of doom but anything can happen, our chain collapsed, our buyers buyer pulled out but they found new buyers 2 days later, and we are waitin to exchange any day now, won't be till Monday now

But if you do complete etc before your visa grant, speak to ohippy as she sold her house and moved into rented accomodation before she got her visa! (wish we had sold earlier now )

Good luck, hope it all sorts out ok!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:40 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Has anyone sold and moved out before they had there visa's.

We put our house on the market thinking it would take ages to sell we had already decided that if we didn't get our visa then we would move anyway. It has sold to cash buyers who wants to be in by the beginning of Oct. My dad said we can go and stay with him whilst we wait for our visa's. Starting to get a little stressed now as nothing is straight forward. Don't know if/when we will have our visa it was Ack 4th April, medicals done just waiting for police checks too come back so we can send them off.

My worries are not sure what to put on the 1022 form, the address i'm in at the moment or my dads address. How does storing your furniture work is it per week or month(going with crown). When you send your passport off to be stamped do they ask for an address again to send it back to.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey

Yes sold in 2004 and rented for 2 years before visa approved and then came over. If visa was not approved would of found alternative route or bought another house.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:19 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stacey

We've sold and expect to complete mid to end September (after dragging it out a bit). Haven't a clue where we're going to live . Can live with my mum but that means taking the kids out of school without knowing when or if we get the visa.

We're trying to find somewhere to rent but they all want 6 months or mega bucks.

Hey ho though - rather be in this position than having the visa and not being able to sell.

Lou
xx

We put our house on the market thinking it would take ages to sell we had already decided that if we didn't get our visa then we would move anyway. It has sold to cash buyers who wants to be in by the beginning of Oct. My dad said we can go and stay with him whilst we wait for our visa's. Starting to get a little stressed now as nothing is straight forward. Don't know if/when we will have our visa it was Ack 4th April, medicals done just waiting for police checks too come back so we can send them off.

My worries are not sure what to put on the 1022 form, the address i'm in at the moment or my dads address. How does storing your furniture work is it per week or month(going with crown). When you send your passport off to be stamped do they ask for an address again to send it back to.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Steven and Jackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Stacey xx
I know exacly how you feel. We're coming over to Sydney on a company sponsored 457 visa. I was told that it would only take 4-6 weeks as the company was aleady registered to sponsor. I have now sold my house and the buyers want to move in on 20th October. I have since found out that the visa can take 3 months to come through, it was lodged a month ago.
We havent been for x rays yet and I'm a bit jittery that we'll have to move out before our visa is through. Not quite desperate yet.
Let us know how you get on.

Steven
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: Sold house before visa please help!!!

We sold our house back in April and are flying out a week on Monday. Looking back it's probably one of the best things that we done as it has taken a chunk of stress out of the situation. Heard so many cases of house sales falling through at the last minute!

Good luck, it all comes together in the end
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We sold ours before we even applied for the visa. We just hated the thoughts of being granted a visa and then being stuck with the house. As someone else said if the visa isn't granted :scared: then we just look for a new house, no big deal but in the meantime we are living rent free and bill free in my MIL's pub so we get to save loads of money and with the way house prices are going in Perth we will need it!
Tracie
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by conat
lol, and dont forget the fresh flowers and coffee

Best of luck you are doing the right thing, I think most agents get paid for nothing, I am still trying to convice OH

Let us know how it goes
Update is : first viewing came back half an hour later and offered full asking price

Only then does my OH say that he thinks we should have asked more for it

Anyway all we need now is a Visa !!!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Willij
Update is : first viewing came back half an hour later and offered full asking price

Only then does my OH say that he thinks we should have asked more for it

Anyway all we need now is a Visa !!!
WELL DONE. thats fantastic news. Your little candles did the trick then. I think it is only natural to think you could get more for it when it sells easily, but as long as you are happy with the price you are getting then well done.

I will show oh your post, he is coming round to the idea though, we have to wait until mid september before marketing (mortage clause), so a few weeks will save us an early settlement fee, its driving me mad though trying to keep it in sellable condition with the kids, they already have black marks on their bedroom walls with their skates

Now all you need is visa to come and you will be on your way, hope you hear somthing soon.

Good luck
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:42 am
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Stacey xx
Try not to worry, everything happens for a reason. Maybe everything will come together just in time or maybe it wont, but whatever happens will be the right thing.

We sold our house before the visa, in the end we got the visa at the same time as we exchanged. We moved into rented for six months and it was the best thing we could have done. We have managed to get rid of so much stuff that we didn't want or couldn't take and have had time to tie up loose ends before we move in October. We not even completely sorted yet, but heyho, thank goodness we didn't try rushing over straight from completion. It has worked out OK for us.

With regards to storage, shippers can either store furniture in UK or ship and store in Aus. We got quotes for both, they are very accommodating and helpful. Dont worry about the change of address, they are used to people selling and moving, just make sure you get all your post redirected in plenty of time.

Hope things work out for you, I'm sure they will
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by conat
Now all you need is visa to come and you will be on your way, hope you hear somthing soon.

Good luck
Thanks Conat,

All the best come the 16th. At least the children will be back in school as well then.

Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:13 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Stacey

Just an update that things can work out. I saw a small ad in the post office window and have now got a 2 bed partly furnished flat to move into which is just round the corner so the girls can stay at school until we leave. Also the landlord is quite happy to go monthly and not tie us in for 6 months.

So, our stuff is going into storage with the shippers, we'll take what we're taking to Oz to the flat with us and my Mum and friends are going to sort us out with spare plates, cutlery etc to keep us going.

It just goes to show that something usually turns up......

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Hi Stacey

We've sold and expect to complete mid to end September (after dragging it out a bit). Haven't a clue where we're going to live . Can live with my mum but that means taking the kids out of school without knowing when or if we get the visa.

We're trying to find somewhere to rent but they all want 6 months or mega bucks.

Hey ho though - rather be in this position than having the visa and not being able to sell.

Lou
xx
Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
I can see how you are stressed!
We have an offer on our house from a cash buyer, looks like it will go through quickly because she sold her house in a day to a cash buyer (we were hoping our buyer would take 6 months to sell to give us time for visa to go through ) so we'll have to go into a rented house. We are having a problem finding a landlord who will accept a dog.
Yeh, the dog was a problem for me too. Looked at 13 houses before I found one just outside of town. Unfortunately owners who have untrained/ unruly dogs cause problems for future tenants with animals.
Hope you find somewhere.
Lou
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louise M
Yeh, the dog was a problem for me too. Looked at 13 houses before I found one just outside of town. Unfortunately owners who have untrained/ unruly dogs cause problems for future tenants with animals.
Hope you find somewhere.
Lou
thanks Lou.
I've started to phone the agents warning them I need somewhere dog friendly.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Well house sale still going through got the surveyor coming out on Tuesday. Still looking at completion date for 6th Oct, then going back home to live with my dad. Spoke to Crown and the are going to store our furniture for us. Just hope we get our Visa's soon. Meds been sent just waiting for PCC to come back. Kids go back to school in a week and a half (yippee)so i can start cleaning ready for our stuff to be packed. Got this really strange feeling in the bottom of my stomach, i'm absolutely bricking it but really excited at the same time. In 5 weeks i'm going to be HOMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for all your replies.

Stacey xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Aug 25th 2006 at 8:50 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.