Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sold house before visa please help!!!

Sold house before visa please help!!!

Old Aug 18th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sold house before visa please help!!!

Has anyone sold and moved out before they had there visa's.

We put our house on the market thinking it would take ages to sell we had already decided that if we didn't get our visa then we would move anyway. It has sold to cash buyers who wants to be in by the beginning of Oct. My dad said we can go and stay with him whilst we wait for our visa's. Starting to get a little stressed now as nothing is straight forward. Don't know if/when we will have our visa it was Ack 4th April, medicals done just waiting for police checks too come back so we can send them off.

My worries are not sure what to put on the 1022 form, the address i'm in at the moment or my dads address. How does storing your furniture work is it per week or month(going with crown). When you send your passport off to be stamped do they ask for an address again to send it back to.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Stacey xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Aug 18th 2006 at 2:15 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sold house before visa please help!!!

Do the address you're at when you apply.

Then if you look at the site where you got your forms from, there's a change of address form to let them know where you are. It's free to lodge.

Can't help with the rest.

Good luck.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get too stressed. We sold our house just at the point we failed the skills assessment. We went and stayed with the in-laws for 9 months as it turned out but we saved a few pennies to help us along. By the time we got our own place here, we certainly appreciated it.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I can see how you are stressed!
We have an offer on our house from a cash buyer, looks like it will go through quickly because she sold her house in a day to a cash buyer (we were hoping our buyer would take 6 months to sell to give us time for visa to go through ) so we'll have to go into a rented house. We are having a problem finding a landlord who will accept a dog.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Don't get too stressed. We sold our house just at the point we failed the skills assessment. We went and stayed with the in-laws for 9 months as it turned out but we saved a few pennies to help us along. By the time we got our own place here, we certainly appreciated it.

What did you do with all your furniture? I did think about how much we would save living at my dads with no mortgage to pay, thanks Ipom.

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Aug 18th 2006 at 3:09 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sold house before visa please help!!!

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
When you send your passport off to be stamped do they ask for an address again to send it back to.
You send a pre-paid addressed special delivery envelope with all passports, copy of grant letter and a cover letter with your contact details (they asked for tel and email details) should there be a delay.

You write the address on the front of the envelope - you can buy them at the post office and currently cost £4.50 - this might change with the new postage costs coming into effect 21/08/06.

We have got visa grant this week - flat not on the market and I am now having a little panic about wether we can sell quickly.

Good luck with the whole thing

Paula
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helinuk
I can see how you are stressed!
We have an offer on our house from a cash buyer, looks like it will go through quickly because she sold her house in a day to a cash buyer (we were hoping our buyer would take 6 months to sell to give us time for visa to go through ) so we'll have to go into a rented house. We are having a problem finding a landlord who will accept a dog.
We did think about renting but decided we wanted to go as soon as visa came, didn't want to be tied down to a rental agreement. Our cash buyer original said 28 days to completion we said 8 weeks she wasn't happy but agreed.

Hope you get your visa soon.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Downies
You send a pre-paid addressed special delivery envelope with all passports, copy of grant letter and a cover letter with your contact details (they asked for tel and email details) should there be a delay.

You write the address on the front of the envelope - you can buy them at the post office and currently cost £4.50 - this might change with the new postage costs coming into effect 21/08/06.

We have got visa grant this week - flat not on the market and I am now having a little panic about wether we can sell quickly.

Good luck with the whole thing

Paula
Thanks Paula thats one less thing to worry about, fingers crossed for you that you sell your flat quickly.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sold house before visa please help!!!

Thanks Paula thats one less thing to worry about, fingers crossed for you that you sell your flat quickly.

Stacey xx
Thanks Stacey - back at ya for the Visa!

Paula
Old Aug 18th 2006, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone sold and moved out before they had there visa's.

We put our house on the market thinking it would take ages to sell we had already decided that if we didn't get our visa then we would move anyway. It has sold to cash buyers who wants to be in by the beginning of Oct. My dad said we can go and stay with him whilst we wait for our visa's. Starting to get a little stressed now as nothing is straight forward. Don't know if/when we will have our visa it was Ack 4th April, medicals done just waiting for police checks too come back so we can send them off.

My worries are not sure what to put on the 1022 form, the address i'm in at the moment or my dads address. How does storing your furniture work is it per week or month(going with crown). When you send your passport off to be stamped do they ask for an address again to send it back to.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Stacey xx

We dont have our visa (july applicant) yet and our house is getting marketed on the 16th of Sept, and they are selling quickly in this area.

I cant wait to be rid of it as we are constantly touching up ect with all the mess the kids make.

I wouldnt panic, the way we look at it is the house will be sold, furniture in storage, and we can relax in lodgings while we await visa.

Most shipping companys will hold your furniture in storage until its time to go, and we priced them and it was quite reasonable.
We will be saving as rent and storage is way below our mortgage payments.

As others have said, just fill out change of address/email form from dimia, and they will send your visa there.

Good luck, it will all fall into place
Old Aug 18th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tried looking for the form can't find it can anyone point me in the right direction. Conat i know what you mean about constantly touching up i will be glad when there back at school. Good luck with the house sale.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Tried looking for the form can't find it can anyone point me in the right direction. Conat i know what you mean about constantly touching up i will be glad when there back at school. Good luck with the house sale.

Stacey xx
Here is a 1022: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf, hope it works for you.
Our kiddies are back to school on Monday, Yippee.
Your visa will be with you soon and you will be glad that your house is sold

Good luck when it comes
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Our house is going up For Sale this weekend.

I'd love a quick sale - I dread getting the visa and not being able to sell our house (market is very slow in our area).

Does anyone else find that no sooner have you tidied one area then the children have been in another room and messed that up !!!

and i've got another 2 weeks of this
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Willij
Hi,

Our house is going up For Sale this weekend.

I'd love a quick sale - I dread getting the visa and not being able to sell our house (market is very slow in our area).

Does anyone else find that no sooner have you tidied one area then the children have been in another room and messed that up !!!

and i've got another 2 weeks of this

Yip every minute of the day We have not long finished decorating from top to bottom and I whizz after the kids with a cloth and go round in circles, its a nightmare. Glad to know its just not mine, I thought they were just being monsters

Ours doesn't go on the market until the 16th of Sept:scared: We were hoping to sell without an agent but OH thinks we've been through enough stress, so agent will get our money after all (they are selling very fast here with locals upgrading, so we were sure it would have sold with just the sign).

Ah well, many more weeks of cleaning walls, rubbing crayons off kitchen, the list goes on.

Good luck with your sale, hope it comes through quick for you
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by conat
Ours doesn't go on the market until the 16th of Sept:scared: We were hoping to sell without an agent but OH thinks we've been through enough stress, so agent will get our money after all (they are selling very fast here with locals upgrading, so we were sure it would have sold with just the sign).

Ah well, many more weeks of cleaning walls, rubbing crayons off kitchen, the list goes on.

Good luck with your sale, hope it comes through quick for you
Thanks,

We're going it alone - 'For Sale' sign is in garage ready and waiting.

I'm just dreading showing people around (last time, even with an agent, we ended up doing the viewings hence the above decision).

At least I can use up all my smelly candles to mask the doggy smell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.