Sold house!!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2003, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sold house!!!!

Sold house on Sunday for asking price!!!
Now, the question is WHAT NEXT!?? Do i ask for removal- men to come and quote then book flights then ask mum-in-law for a few nights, rent-free, HELP PLEASE..........................
Anybody who has been in the same situation or is a hell of alot more organized than myself please email asap
Thanx in advance
Sam
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold house last week, getting quote for shipping, then when we are close to completion date going to ship stuff and doss in the house !! until completion date which we will manipulate to our advantage as we are last in the chain. Soon as we have that date, get flights sorted and off we go.

Thats if all goes to plan. !!!
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 7:45 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Congratulations on the sale of your house - wish we were in the same position. Have two buyers for ours but they cannot sell their houses - taking too long now - on the market for 5 weeks. We intend to ship our stuff on ahead of us as near to exchange as possible and then "camp" in our house for a few weeks. We have had one quote so far and awaiting another two.

I guess you have lots of things to sort out now - make yourself a big list for this end but also on arrival the other end to help you on your way.

Good luck
Dawn
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

Congratulations on house sale, how long was it on the market for?
Did you have to drop the price to get the sale?
Ours goes up for sale next weekend you got any tips that may help?

Terry
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 9:56 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Sam. We are putting house on the market next week and getting removal quotes shortly after. I don't know what others would advise but I think we'll wait until exchange of contracts before arranging a date for shipping. Have heard too many horror stories about sales falling through recently and believe me, if anything is going to go wrong it normally happens to us!

Steph
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sold house!!!!

Hello and congratulations on selling the house!
We sold out house and then moved in with my parents for 2 months, it drove us mad which made missing them less severe and also made us more keen to go!! - method in the madness!!
We shipped 6 large computer boxes of personal effects and kitchen goods which arrived shortly after us (well about 6 weeks after) it was a welcome arrival and only about 3 weeks later than planned.
We have been here 5 1/2 months and the rest of our belongings are now out their way. I was fortunate enough to have a sister with a large loft who stored our stuff the only expense to us being the flooring of the loft and the extra on her household contents policy, saved us about 50%. We chose to do this 'just incase' and also we have now purchased a house and will have somewhere for it all to go.
Going against advice we sold most of our large furniture before we left. A decision we diffinately don't regret. We had a lot of large pine furniture which I am not sure will fare too wellin this weather. We have built ins in all the rooms so we have loads of storage. Our dining room has a huge built in display cabinet so the dresser would have had no home. Generally things are pretty good value here to buy - and as the property is generally cheaper too you may find you have some money left over to buy the stuff to match its environment.
The only mistake I have made I think is buying a top loader, as this is what most Aussies have I thought it was the way to go but all I seem to read now is how they use too much water and I feel guilty and wish I had gone for a front loader - oh well!!

By the way - we used Pickfords who we didn't find perfect but not too bad - UK end very helpful - short staffed office here so a little more difficult to get the right help but on the whole not too bad.
Friends moved within a week of us and used Whites - there stuff was lost comnpletely lost for about 1 month. I don't think I could cope with that stress.

Hope this helps!!

God dont I go on!!

Nicki

Originally posted by sam&steve
Now, the question is WHAT NEXT!?? Do i ask for removal- men to come and quote then book flights then ask mum-in-law for a few nights, rent-free, HELP PLEASE..........................
Anybody who has been in the same situation or is a hell of alot more organized than myself please email asap
Thanx in advance
Sam
Old Mar 24th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

we will not put house on the market until we have hubby,s visa.
Has anyone waited for their visa first or did anyone put house up for sale before getting visa. I know the immi.people advice is to sell house first. I would be interested to know what everyone decided to do first.

Thanks BooBoo
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

We don't have a visa and we have sold our house. {Took 5 weeks to sell}. Looks as if completion may be as soon as a week friday. Furniture going into storage, us going to live with my Mum. {It'll be character building I've reassured hubby and the 3 kids}.

It's all very nerve wrecking.

My employers know all about the "Big Move" and are accommodating about a leaving date, with nursing shortages, they have been trying to recruit a replacement since the day I told them I was planning to emigrate {January}. So the longer I'm here, the better for them, although deep down I WISH we were in NZ.

Gill and Rob
Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx in advance
Sam
Sam

Congratulations on the house sale

Terry & Sharon
xxx
Old Mar 24th 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanx for all the congrats
House was on the market for 2WEEKS and sold for asking price!!
Now the HEADACHES, quotes for shipping, quotes for flights, which bank to open an account with.
I hope,when we have booked our flights things will slow down again, which could be another 2 bloody months yet.
Hoping for complietion on the 1st June, spending 2/3 weeks with ma-in-law, then off at end of the month
To eveyone still waiting to hear....... That little white piece of paper in the passport looks DAMN GOOD!!!

Sam
Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanx for all the congrats
House was on the market for 2WEEKS and sold for asking price!!
Now the HEADACHES, quotes for shipping, quotes for flights, which bank to open an account with.
I hope,when we have booked our flights things will slow down again, which could be another 2 bloody months yet.
Hoping for complietion on the 1st June, spending 2/3 weeks with ma-in-law, then off at end of the month
To eveyone still waiting to hear....... That little white piece of paper in the passport looks DAMN GOOD!!!

Sam
Sam

Which estate agent did you use ?

Terry
Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:54 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your house sale. This makes me feel a bit better. Our house has been on the market for three weeks now. We've only had four viewings and no offers yet. I was hoping we would sell really quickly, but the market seems to have slowed down a lot.

Personally I'm finding this the most frustrating time of all. I thought waiting for the visas was stressful, but not knowing if we are going to sell tomorrow or in three months time is absolute hell. Australia feels like a distant dream at the moment!

Andy

Thanx in advance
Sam
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We agree completely, this is the worst stage, at least with the visa you knew it would happen, but there is so much uncertainty, can't plan anything.

Anyway 6 viewings in 5 weeks and we may have a buyer, fingers crossed!
Mash..

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Congratulations on your house sale. This makes me feel a bit better. Our house has been on the market for three weeks now. We've only had four viewings and no offers yet. I was hoping we would sell really quickly, but the market seems to have slowed down a lot.

Personally I'm finding this the most frustrating time of all. I thought waiting for the visas was stressful, but not knowing if we are going to sell tomorrow or in three months time is absolute hell. Australia feels like a distant dream at the moment!

Andy
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash,

Hope the buyers come through for you we are putting ours on the market this weekend so hope to get some viewings over the easter hol's.

Terry
Old Apr 11th 2003, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Thanx in advance
Sam
Hi sam&steve, we sold our house before we got our visas, bit of a gamble but we thought once it is off our hands , it is 1 less thing to worry about.WE were lucky as we have friends who offered to put us up until we go in Sept. We pay them a decent rent enough to cover bills etc, and it works fine. That way we dont feel like we are taking the biscuit.I think once everyone has had meds and police checks you are pretty much on your way and we thought if all else fails we will buy again. Our stuff is dotted amongst the family, but i also gave all the people storing for us, items to keep, so it worked well. We are saving a lot of money in storage and renting a house but i know everyone may not be so fortunate.WE live in Sunderland and the houses are getting snapped up. WE sold on the 1st day, with a private ad for the full asking price, only took 6 weeks to complete and 2 weeks after we moved we got our visas so i count myself lucky. So good luck to everyone and my advice is sell sooner rather than later...Jan Hutchy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.