Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

solar heating [pool]

solar heating [pool]

Old Sep 17th 2006, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default solar heating [pool]

Can anyone in WA tell me if we can buy the Solar heating for the swimming pool direct form the manufacturer.
Any advice would be welcome.
Denise
Old Sep 17th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: solar heating [pool]

Hi,
You can buy direct from me... If you give me your pool measurements I can give you a quote including everything you need, also weather the roof you intend to mount on is North facing etc.
We are Monarch Platinum Dealers www.monarchpoolsystems.com
I have solar and a daisy blanket on my pool (incidentally I am a daisy dealer too) and my pool was 28 yesterday afternoon!

Regards
Steve

Originally Posted by cranni
Can anyone in WA tell me if we can buy the Solar heating for the swimming pool direct form the manufacturer.
Denise
Old Sep 17th 2006, 5:03 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
Hi,
You can buy direct from me... If you give me your pool measurements I can give you a quote including everything you need, also weather the roof you intend to mount on is North facing etc.
I have solar and a daisy blanket on my pool (incidentally I am a daisy dealer too) and my pool was 28 yesterday afternoon!

Regards
Steve
Hi Steve

What about for those of us over here in Melbourne? Any contacts or do you deliver interstate

We are after a 6 metre x 4 metre 1.5 metre to 1.80 metre deep. We are looking for solar heating and a jet system to swim against (and a spa pool at the other end for R&R (Do you do Spa Pools? 8-10 seater?)
Old Sep 17th 2006, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Regards
Steve
Hi Steve, Our pool is 8x4, we already have the solar blanket, how much would it be for the heating system, David could install it , he is Gas fitter/plumber.
And how much is it for them spider things, you know the hoover [vacuum].
You can pm me if you like. THANKS
Denise
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Hi Steve

What about for those of us over here in Melbourne? Any contacts or do you deliver interstate

We are after a 6 metre x 4 metre 1.5 metre to 1.80 metre deep. We are looking for solar heating and a jet system to swim against (and a spa pool at the other end for R&R (Do you do Spa Pools? 8-10 seater?)
I'm jealous!
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK to Crete, Back to UK and moved to Perth in March 2006 - yippee! Loving it!!!
adenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud of

Denise
Hiya, we had a solar pool system fitted with Daisy blanket and roller on wheels on 15th August. We had a few quotes but were very impressed with a company called 'SolaPool Professionals'. Theeir details are:
PO Box 2214 Kardinya, WA6063. Phone No: 1300734481 or mobile: 0433799577. Ask for Antony Holling.

They were exactly as their names quotes, very professional and very reasonably priced. We paid A$3100 for the whole system and got A$100 back from the Government for being waterwise with the pool blanket.

The whole system was fitted and working in less than a day. The site was left clean and presentable.

Our pool reached 28 degrees on Friday, was 26 yesterday and has been 28 again today.

It has been well worth the expense. Our 5 year old has been in and out of the pool since last Wednesday. Our neighbours have the pool blanket only and their water temp hasn't got above 20 degrees yet!! They are now considering a solar system.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Hi,
No problem I will work some figures and get back to you, you will need 32 square metres on a North facing roof, we use 10 year warranty rubber collectors, which is where the bulk of the cost is..
The old spider cleaners of old are now replaced by the random pool cleaners such as the Zodiac Baracudas. We can do a Baracuda Genie 2 for $650 (RRP $860)
You are welcome to take a drive up to see our setup.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve, Our pool is 8x4, we already have the solar blanket, how much would it be for the heating system, David could install it , he is Gas fitter/plumber.
And how much is it for them spider things, you know the hoover [vacuum].
You can pm me if you like. THANKS
Denise
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,
No problem I will work some figures and get back to you, you will need 32 square metres on a North facing roof, we use 10 year warranty rubber collectors, which is where the bulk of the cost is..
The old spider cleaners of old are now replaced by the random pool cleaners such as the Zodiac Baracudas. We can do a Baracuda Genie 2 for $650 (RRP $860)
You are welcome to take a drive up to see our setup.

Cheers
Steve
Ok thats great, look forward to hearing from you.
Denise
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
Melbourne no problem, I can get everthing drop shipped out of the Springvale offices.
Swim jets and pumps also not a problem, did you want one or two?

We don't sell spas ourselves and you will prbobly find more choice locally..
Have you considered gas heating or a heat pump... Melbourne requires 120% of the pool surface area on the roof to work well because of the climate.

I will price it up and let you know.

Cheers
Steve

Originally Posted by thebears
Hi Steve

Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
Just sent you a PM with prices (one too for theBears in Melbourne)

For anyone else looking out there, we can do Daisy Blankets and Rollers at 10% off RRP and will deliver anywhere in Australia, you still qualify for water wise rebates applicable in your state.

Also Baracuda (Zodiac cleaners, chlorinators) and monarch products (pumps, filters, chlorinators) at well below RRP!

Cheers
Steve

Ok thats great, look forward to hearing from you.
Denise
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

If anyone is interested I've been to the Pool Pro shop in Mango Hill and they did me an excellent deal for my pool blanket, roller, pump and a decent pool cleaner. I also qualified for the Queensland Government rebate. I can highly recomend them. Hope this helps someone around this area.
Lesleym