Softroaders 4x4

Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Softroaders 4x4

Many poms moving to Oz consider getting a 4x4 such as a RAV4 or an XTrail, often the closest they get to off roading is parking on some grass somewhere..

Anyway, whether you think 4x4s are gas guzzling monstrosities that should be heavily taxed, or a fun vehicle that is just as fuel efficient as an Ozzie sports car is not the point...

the link below is an Australian mini review of the contenders in the soft road market for a new cost of around $34k.

http://drive.com.au/editorial/articl...?id=10250&vf=1

For me, I like the styling of the current RAV4 and dislike the styling of the XTrail, however things are about to change. The new RAV4 is out in the next few months and will likely become a class leader, although from the photos I dislike the styling! The new Suzuki Grand Vitara is also out in the new few weeks (and looks good from the front) and like the new Suzuki Swift it has made leaps and bounds from the previous model.

So if you are after a soft road 4x4.. I hope this article is of interest.

regards

Alex

Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Softroaders 4x4

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Many poms moving to Oz consider getting a 4x4 such as a RAV4 or an XTrail, often the closest they get to off roading is parking on some grass somewhere..

Anyway, whether you think 4x4s are gas guzzling monstrosities that should be heavily taxed, or a fun vehicle that is just as fuel efficient as an Ozzie sports car is not the point...

the link below is an Australian mini review of the contenders in the soft road market for a new cost of around $34k.

For me, I like the styling of the current RAV4 and dislike the styling of the XTrail, however things are about to change. The new RAV4 is out in the next few months and will likely become a class leader, although from the photos I dislike the styling! The new Suzuki Grand Vitara is also out in the new few weeks (and looks good from the front) and like the new Suzuki Swift it has made leaps and bounds from the previous model.

regards

Alex

New Grand Vitara is very sexy. My fave of the so called sofftroaders is the RAV.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex Hall

regards

Alex

The 3rd generation Rav4 is due out in 2007:

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...7_toyota_rav4/

I quite like the look of it, bigger than the current model that we have just sold.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I never had one of these things until we came out but bought a Honda CRV because of the amount of "stuff" we would be carting around. Best thing I ever did!

Quite apart from the Honda engineering, the styling (if that's important to you), the ride is fantastic, the steering circle is quite a lot better than anything else I've had recently and the thing just damn WORKS!

And, speaking as someone for whom the words "reversing" and "bollards" seem to mean the same thing, it's the easiest car to reverse I've driven*: weird for that sort of car, but you know exactly where the corners are!

* So far....
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:54 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

I see we have a couple of hairdressers on the thread

The Xtrail is ok, I own one, and yes I have off-roaded on it on North Straddie island. It does the job ok.

I'm not going to rave about it though. I think I'd get a Hyundai Tucson next time, after I 'accidentally' drive my plastic Xtrail into a tree.

Don't tell the insurance company
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
I never had one of these things until we came out but bought a Honda CRV because of the amount of "stuff" we would be carting around. Best thing I ever did!

Quite apart from the Honda engineering, the styling (if that's important to you), the ride is fantastic, the steering circle is quite a lot better than anything else I've had recently and the thing just damn WORKS!

And, speaking as someone for whom the words "reversing" and "bollards" seem to mean the same thing, it's the easiest car to reverse I've driven*: weird for that sort of car, but you know exactly where the corners are!

* So far....

Yer the HONDA is a nice engine. Was just talkin bout gerrin the missus a Honda Invertor Gennie today
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I see we have a couple of hairdressers on the thread

The Xtrail is ok, I own one, and yes I have off-roaded on it on North Straddie island. It does the job ok.

I'm not going to rave about it though. I think I'd get a Hyundai Tucson next time, after I 'accidentally' drive my plastic Xtrail into a tree.

Don't tell the insurance company
Wouldnt drive a Hyundai if ya paid me , sorry. They have as much street cred or off rd cred as a wet flannel
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Wouldnt drive a Hyundai if ya paid me , sorry. They have as much street cred or off rd cred as a wet flannel
If that sort of thing worries you then you probably *should* drive one! <g>
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
If that sort of thing worries you then you probably *should* drive one! <g>
I just bin *bitchslapped* Ouch ! lol
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Much better to drive a car made of plastic

I'm already fighting against my brand name obsessed wife to get a Hyundai. They are perfectly good cars. I owned a Hyundai Accent in the UK and it was good. My folks have driven a variety of Hyundais for 10 years, the love them.

I really don't care about 'street cred'. Its not like I'm gonna be cruising down Chapel Street in shades picking up chicks in it. I just want it to work, be economical, drive well, and not break down.

Ok, I may get a bumper sticker saying 'my other car isn't a cheapo Korean import'
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:12 am
Banned

Much better to drive a car made of plastic

I'm already fighting against my brand name obsessed wife to get a Hyundai. They are perfectly good cars. I owned a Hyundai Accent in the UK and it was good. My folks have driven a variety of Hyundais for 10 years, the love them.

I really don't care about 'street cred'. Its not like I'm gonna be cruising down Chapel Street in shades picking up chicks in it. I just want it to work, be economical, drive well, and not break down.

Ok, I may get a bumper sticker saying 'my other car isn't a cheapo Korean import'
Mate in Uk, is a Hyundai Dealer, and to be fair, you get a lot more car for your money. Its just the FUC*** adverts on TV. Every advert in each country uk or oz, they change the pronunciation pmsl.

Does me hed in man !
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Its not like I'm gonna be cruising down Chapel Street in shades picking up chicks in it.
Why not?.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Why not?.

The wife might do a John Wayne Bobbit on me if I even tried. :scared:
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The wife might do a John Wayne Bobbit on me if I even tried. :scared:
And did I ever mentioned I'm still the current Chopper Champion?

Mrs JTL aka your wife
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
And did I ever mentioned I'm still the current Chopper Champion?

Mrs JTL aka your wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.