Soft sods

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:35 am
Pommie_Bastard

Default Soft sods

Get your practice in while you can, you soft sods wont last a minute here.

The TUC this week called for a legal maximum for workplace temperatures as Britain's workers struggled to cope with another heatwave.
Current legislation sets a minimum temperature below which no-one should have to work. But there is no equivalent for when it gets too hot. The World Health Organisation recommends 24 C as the maximum for working in comfort. Beyond this, dehydration, fatigue, extra strain on the heart and lungs and, ultimately, heat stroke can occur.

The TUC is calling for a maximum working temperature of 30 C, or 27 C for those doing strenuous work. When the heat hits the maximum, employers should reduce the temperature, by providing fans or air conditioning. And for workers whose exposure to heat cannot be reduced - such as in restaurant kitchens - they should be provided with adequate breaks and offered way of rotating their duties.

Too hot to handle your job?

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soft sods

Originally posted by Pommie_Bastard

The TUC this week called for a legal maximum for workplace temperatures as Britain's workers struggled to cope with another heatwave.
Current legislation sets a minimum temperature below which no-one should have to work. But there is no equivalent for when it gets too hot. The World Health Organisation recommends 24 C as the maximum for working in comfort. Beyond this, dehydration, fatigue, extra strain on the heart and lungs and, ultimately, heat stroke can occur.

The TUC is calling for a maximum working temperature of 30 C, or 27 C for those doing strenuous work. When the heat hits the maximum, employers should reduce the temperature, by providing fans or air conditioning. And for workers whose exposure to heat cannot be reduced - such as in restaurant kitchens - they should be provided with adequate breaks and offered way of rotating their duties.

Bloody right me chimp I've seen workshops in WA where 52c inside in Summer is the norm , would not like to see the UK follow a third world country like Australia .
Good thing is the temps in these sweat shops fall to bloody freezing in winter because the bastards will not heat them , land of plenty my arse.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Have I missed something - who is Pommie_Bastard? Or are you just talking to yourself PB?
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kath
Have I missed something - who is Pommie_Bastard? Or are you just talking to yourself PB?
Theres only one PB as for the new chimp your guess is as good as mine .

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

My kids had an old cow of a teacher from the outback, she would not open the doors or put the fans on even in the most revolting heat. Her idea of a break from it was a game of aussie rules in the midday sun.

She came unstuck in mid february, 11 mums got together armed with fans, cooling units, power boards, water bottles, ice packs etc, and desended on the bloody class, it was 42 in there and the kids were 5 and 6 years old.

The old bitc* did not know what had hit her. Principal came over trying to calm everyone down, shortly after that the kids were allowed to keep iced water under their desk, shirts were allowed to be left out not tucked in and buttoned up. Wool knee hi socks were voted out for small cotton anklets. The windows were allowed to be covered with donated curtains to cut the sun down. And a 15 minute rest was introduced after the lunch break when the kids came in boiling hot from the playground.

2 years later we got another one tho, teacher would not open all the windows as it meant too much locking up at the end of the day!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Kath
Perhaps its a clone, when the real one goes the new one steps in
:scared:
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
My kids had an old cow of a teacher from the outback, she would not open the doors or put the fans on even in the most revolting heat. Her idea of a break from it was a game of aussie rules in the midday sun.

She came unstuck in mid february, 11 mums got together armed with fans, cooling units, power boards, water bottles, ice packs etc, and desended on the bloody class, it was 42 in there and the kids were 5 and 6 years old.

The old bitc* did not know what had hit her. Principal came over trying to calm everyone down, shortly after that the kids were allowed to keep iced water under their desk, shirts were allowed to be left out not tucked in and buttoned up. Wool knee hi socks were voted out for small cotton anklets. The windows were allowed to be covered with donated curtains to cut the sun down. And a 15 minute rest was introduced after the lunch break when the kids came in boiling hot from the playground.

2 years later we got another one tho, teacher would not open all the windows as it meant too much locking up at the end of the day!

I would be making the school board put in an air-conditioner my god thats 114 deg'''''''s are they mad :scared:
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:09 am
Banned

Originally posted by april
I would be making the school board put in an air-conditioner my god thats 114 deg'''''''s are they mad :scared:
You are naive more chance of getting 6 numbers on the Lotto.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by april
Govvy cant afford it. The cool schools programme in the far north and Outback resulted in those schools getting ariconditioning but massive cutbacks in education to pay for it. Think it was only the schools north of Townsville or something. We did a huge petition one summer, thousands of signatures but its not going to happen. Thankfully they have most of Dec and all of Jan off.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

God that is totally insane. Must have been quite funny when all the mums did the mutiny on the bounty bit though.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:14 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

but you forget thats , what made this country tough , now we create namby pamby mummys boys.............. MM
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:41 pm
Badge

Originally posted by mr mover
but you forget thats , what made this country tough , now we create namby pamby mummys boys.............. MM
too right

my boss didn't stop us from our offsiding duties in the WA bush when the temps were over 40 degrees and we'd been running buckets all day with nothing but a hat for protection..

one day he was so keen to crack on, he cut short our lunch hour - and boy - had we come to rely on it. By lunch we needed 45 mins to lie under a tree, and do nothing but eat and drink...and massage our aching muscles back to life..

he was ok - operated the levers of the drill whilst we did all the phys.

badgers

Old Aug 14th 2003, 4:14 am
Banned

You insult 90% of Pom refugees and yourself at the same time how clever.

Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:26 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Soft sods

Originally posted by Pommie_Bastard

Dunno who you are, but I'm already thinking... hmmm, this guy must be a loser, to got to such lengths to immitate someone else on the forum. You obviously lack original thought.

It would seem you intend to spew out pb style postings with the aim of becoming the new village idiot, which you most certainly are. Should'nt be too difficult to slap you down tho.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah those 5-6 year old's need toughening up. Who said Aussies are tough?, for tough people you need to go to Africa. Aussies are pussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.