Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:00 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...cs/4425198.stm
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

Not sure what the problem is- prison made my hair go too frizzy and I was upset, so I was released early.... and got to spend the 3 billion from my successful Brinks Mat raid.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:10 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see that the UK legal system is as strict as the Oz one......
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but you just don't appreciate the psychological devastation caused by wearing a nasty tag, which ruins the line of your clothes, when all you have done is beaten some other woman.

Seriously though it amazes me that a judge agreed that she was too feminine to wear a tag- although not too feminine to get into a brawl.
The other day I read an item about a teacher in Cumbria, who forced 2 boys to release a 10 year old girl who they had locked in a cupboard. one boy's mother had the teacher suspended because 'he bruised her son's arm' when he took hold of the boy to make him open this cupboard. Surely the kid was wrong to be torturing another child in the first place?
The law seems to be turned on its head...
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:28 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

Originally Posted by Flying Banana

Can't believe what I just read.
Who gives a s**t about the length of her skirt - -more bothered about the length of her arms as she hits you!!!!!

What a load of twoddle!!!

xRachx
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

This is so typical. Once again the criminal wins and the victim loses.
I get sooo mad when all I see and hear is the criminal claiming for damages, or assault or have rights The unfortunate thing is that the criminals are very aware of their rights.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:39 pm

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
This is so typical. Once again the criminal wins and the victim loses.
I get sooo mad when all I see and hear is the criminal claiming for damages, or assault or have rights The unfortunate thing is that the criminals are very aware of their rights.

ID cards---Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

I know I've got nothing to hide as do all the other law abiding citizens.

And at least they fit in your handbag!!!

xRachx
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
ID cards---Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

I know I've got nothing to hide as do all the other law abiding citizens.

And at least they fit in your handbag!!!

xRachx
We used to have to have id books in SA. My Hubby agrees too. Bring on ID Cards ! and bring back proper punishment !
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:52 pm

Angry Re: Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime....

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We used to have to have id books in SA. My Hubby agrees too. Bring on ID Cards ! and bring back proper punishment !
Damn Right!!!

xRachx

P.s We're off to Adelaide and I'd be all for id books!