Soccor Fees

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soccor Fees

Just went to sign my three boys into soccor yesterday - boy it was expensive! Just about $100 dollars each - and on top of this they have to buy shorts, socks, the normal training fees of $5 per session and the team has to raise $150 throughout the season.

Is this typical? Seems very high and significantly more expensive than in the UK!

Oh well, not all bad news on the soccor front - Spurs got another win yesterday!

Steve
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:45 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats about right Steve...we all have to pay homage to the soccer federation.
Referees need to be paid for etc..and most clubs have no funding.
You know it's worth it !!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soccor Fees

Originally posted by cookies
Just went to sign my three boys into soccor yesterday - boy it was expensive! Just about $100 dollars each - and on top of this they have to buy shorts, socks, the normal training fees of $5 per session and the team has to raise $150 throughout the season.

Is this typical? Seems very high and significantly more expensive than in the UK!

Oh well, not all bad news on the soccor front - Spurs got another win yesterday!

Steve
Your forgot the boots Girls can play too. Fees sound correct, main problem I found was it took such a chunk out of every weekend for 5 months. I mean every Saturday , often up to an hours drive away for a game then the days where games went all day. Plus training in the week too. It just seemed to take up so much time and they got real shirty if you wanted to pull the kids out one week and actually go away or something.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Your forgot the boots Girls can play too. Fees sound correct, main problem I found was it took such a chunk out of every weekend for 5 months. I mean every Saturday , often up to an hours drive away for a game then the days where games went all day. Plus training in the week too. It just seemed to take up so much time and they got real shirty if you wanted to pull the kids out one week and actually go away or something.
Thats why I opted out of soccer for the boys too, too constrictive when we want to go away on the boat for the weekend. Im going to sign the boys up for Scouts this week & AFL Auskick when it starts up again this year, which at least is after school. As well as their 2 swimming lessons a week which they do for 10 months of the year should keep them busy.

Did you sign the boys up with the Wolves Steve?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Dotty,

We are looking at Buderim area!! At present i run a under 10 footie team that my sun plays in. Does that mean that Buderim has a youth soccer team? I've done a search and found nothing!
Any info would be much appreciated.

I've also enquired about membership to Headland Golf Club, but the list seams to be closed!! Do you know anyone in high places?

Old Feb 8th 2004, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you sign the boys up with the Wolves Steve?
Hi MrD - it was Bayside Utd, down at Lota. We haven't actually paid yet - I didn't have the cash on me when I went down Saturday.

Steve
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:49 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cookies
Hi MrD - it was Bayside Utd, down at Lota. We haven't actually paid yet - I didn't have the cash on me when I went down Saturday.

Steve
Ah ok, I know Wynnum Wolves had their sign up on the weekend as well, theres a sign about it outside my house! LOL . Capalaba team also had a signon & fun day a couple of weeks back (Aust day long weekend I think).

As I said, I considered it, not because I like soccer at all (actually I would rather poke myself in the eye with hot needles ), but because I want to get the kids involved in some team sport or other activity. But after seeing the price, I think I'll stick to auskick & scouts as per my original plan .
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

My 4 year old plays rugby league. It costs $5.

They get a kit, 2 lots of training a week, a game on Sundays.

It was annual presentation day yesterday - free sausage sizzle, soft drinks and crisps etc. He got a free track suit and training top.

Bob Carr is trying to put an end to all this free stuff. He doesn't like it.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS

It was annual presentation day yesterday - free sausage sizzle, soft drinks and crisps etc. He got a free track suit and training top.

Bob Carr wants the pokies money whilst the clubs claim that will cut all their community programs. Carr says cut your profits instead. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Rich, that sounds pretty good. Auskick is well worth a go for littlies as well, its more a coaching program, gives them lots of ball skills. Costs about $30 for 10 sessions & they get a football, cap, backpack, CD Rom, drink bottle & stuff like stickers, tattoos, cards etc.

Does your boy play with a local team or is it some offshoot of the ARL/NRL or something?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Sydney The Dog
Dotty,

We are looking at Buderim area!! At present i run a under 10 footie team that my sun plays in. Does that mean that Buderim has a youth soccer team? I've done a search and found nothing!
Any info would be much appreciated.

I've also enquired about membership to Headland Golf Club, but the list seams to be closed!! Do you know anyone in high places?

I was supposed to give you a bit of info on Buderim too, I'll have to do a thread on it as I get so many questions.

Anyway soccer, there are several Buderim teams the club is on Ballinger Road I shall get the contact details and PM them to you.

Golf clubs, my old man plays there for charity gigs occasionaly, but hes not a member, think normally a member can sign someone in tho. There are so many golf clubs here I bet one would let you in Try Pelican Waters, Twin Waters, Perigian Springs, all are housing estates but have golf clubs in them.

I'll do a thread on Buderim soon seems to be a lot interested in it.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs D...

My little fella plays for a team thats affiliated to Souths Juniors. Souths Juniors are a standalone organisation, though as the name implies they are very closely linked to Souths NRL team.

As BP points out the funding for much of this sports stuff comes from the profits of the (huge) clubs, specifically pokie profits. Souths Juniors are in existence to fund junior rugby league. Last year they shelled out I think about $2m to finance the competition, but again as BP points out you need to look at the fact the club made $34m profit and ask where that cash is all being spent. They are already saying that they will be cutting funding to the NRL team (I forget how much they give).

I'd like the little fellas to have a bash at Auskick, but my understanding is they need to be 8 to start that. What age are your littleys?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Mrs D...

My little fella plays for a team thats affiliated to Souths Juniors. Souths Juniors are a standalone organisation, though as the name implies they are very closely linked to Souths NRL team.

As BP points out the funding for much of this sports stuff comes from the profits of the (huge) clubs, specifically pokie profits. Souths Juniors are in existence to fund junior rugby league. Last year they shelled out I think about $2m to finance the competition, but again as BP points out you need to look at the fact the club made $34m profit and ask where that cash is all being spent. They are already saying that they will be cutting funding to the NRL team (I forget how much they give).

I'd like the little fellas to have a bash at Auskick, but my understanding is they need to be 8 to start that. What age are your littleys?
Thanx for the info Rich. Auskick age is 5, so hes close. Here in Qld they run it at schools in the afternoon for a couple of hours. Its open to anyone ie you dont have to go to that school to join in, & they start different schools progressively during the season, the first ones usually in about April after Easter.

Check out the website, they havent updated it for this year yet, but no doubt they will soon.

AFL Auskick
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs D - thanks for the link - I'll be following that one up.

Here's a picture of the little monster and his team as used by the Daily Telegraph in articles relating to this pokie tax thing...
Attached Thumbnails Soccor Fees-12933686.jpg  
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there
my husband went to sign our 3 boys for rugby union on the weekend even more expensive. 145 dollars first child and 115 each child after. Then went to sign up for inline hockey 50 dollars to sign up and 14
dollars per session to hire safety equiipment, when we have to buy the gear it will be over 300 dollars never thought sport would be so expensive here
but it keeps them off the streets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.