Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

soccer coaching jobs in oz?

soccer coaching jobs in oz?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default soccer coaching jobs in oz?

I am thinking of moving to oz. Are there any opportunities in Australia to coach soccer to kids?If so is the pay adequate to make a living? Any information appreciated.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:13 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: soccer coaching jobs in oz?

Originally Posted by moaningcow
I am thinking of moving to oz. Are there any opportunities in Australia to coach soccer to kids?If so is the pay adequate to make a living? Any information appreciated.
http://www.kingsacademy.com.au/
Dunno but these guys may point you in the right direction.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
http://www.kingsacademy.com.au/
Dunno but these guys may point you in the right direction.
Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

There's a guy on here called Steve Bowes who coaches goalkick in Melbourne- his user name is melbourne help.

Here are a couple of links that might help.
coaching jobs
http://www.soccervictoria.org.au/Default.aspx?tabid=286

http://www.brightonjsc.org.au/index.html

http://www.soccervictoria.org.au/default.aspx?tabid=60
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:30 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

If you do manage to get a job coaching kids....can you please try to educate them in the sports proper name?

Its called "football".

Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of opportunities to coach kids soccer throughout Australia. There are so many soccer clubs in and around Sydney that I would not even guess at the number. The bad news is that the job of coaching the children is done on a purely voluntary basis - usually by Dads many of whom have enthusiasm but little skill. Although things are improving in that area because many of the young dads have played themselves since they were 5 or 6.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY
If you do manage to get a job coaching kids....can you please try to educate them in the sports proper name?

Its called "football".

Don't start
Old Jul 24th 2005, 4:46 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
Don't start
Hevs!! You're not a convert to "soccerism" are you? After about 6 years I'm still having trouble convincing my wife of using the name football for the proper sport.

I mean. AFL doesnt even use a round ball, and kick it with thier feet. They carry an organge egg around the field, occasionally giving it a good punt.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:53 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Its called "football".

I believe naming rights belong to the host nation.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:43 am
A Male Member

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I believe naming rights belong to the host nation.
I believe naming rights belong to the originator of the game

Im not saying the aussies can't call AFL football. Im just saying that the game with the round ball is called football not soccer.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:07 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

I believe naming rights belong to the originator of the game
which of the dozen or so claimants are you referring to?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:35 am
A Male Member

which of the dozen or so claimants are you referring to?
Which one do you reckon Sherlock?

I'll give you a clue, as if its not blindingly obvious.

Its not the Egyptian one.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:49 am
Gwyllt

Which one do you reckon Sherlock?

I'll give you a clue, as if its not blindingly obvious.

Its not the Egyptian one.
you're the one making the claim, not me
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:56 am
A Male Member

you're the one making the claim, not me
I never said you were the one making the claim. I am.

Have you ever watched Monty Python?

"Is this the room for an argument?"

Seems it is.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 11:25 am
Gwyllt

I never said you were the one making the claim. I am.

Have you ever watched Monty Python?

"Is this the room for an argument?"

Seems it is.
I would have thought that somebody who believed the game should be named by the originator would know who the originator was. Apparently not in your case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.