Soccer Coach

Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

mark mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soccer Coach

Hi this is my first time on this forum, and i am looking into moving over to Australia with my family i am an ex- professional soccer player from the U.K , also a qualified coach at the moment i am living in Portugal where i have set my own soccer schools up for children ages between 4 to 16 , my wife and i have settled great , but i worry about my children regarding the language , if any one has any contacts for clubs who i can contact or if you can pass my contacts i would be most great ful thanks everyone for taking time to read this , regards
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Soccer Coach

Have a look here.
Good luck with everything, and welcome to Expats.
Shabee
www.goldcoastsoccer.com.au
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:55 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark mc
Hi this is my first time on this forum, and i am looking into moving over to Australia with my family i am an ex- professional soccer player from the U.K , also a qualified coach at the moment i am living in Portugal where i have set my own soccer schools up for children ages between 4 to 16 , my wife and i have settled great , but i worry about my children regarding the language , if any one has any contacts for clubs who i can contact or if you can pass my contacts i would be most great ful thanks everyone for taking time to read this , regards
Mark I play soccer twice a week and so do my boys.

The queensland Roar could do with a decent coach
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi ya

who did you play for
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi ya

who did you play for
Hi Steve -kelly -and the boys, i was an apprentice at W.B.A, then i went onto plat for Birmingham City , Lincoln City , Tranmere Rovers , Crewe Alex i also played abroad Hong Kong, Finland, New Zealand now i am looking to move to Australia with my family i have a daughter who will be going to uni next year and also my son who will be going to high school ,I am looking for some contacts to help my get over to Australia so if you know of any clubs looking for a coach then please pass on my details Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brisben

Hi Thanks for your reply if you could help in anyway i would be most greatful i am looking at working with a club, but also setting up soccer schools with the children ages 4 to 16 ,do you think this would work with the people in the community let me know what you think i look forward to your reply , Mark
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

He'd probably get a game too!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:27 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Jokes about Qld roar aside for a minute - there is a shortage of all levels of coaching and administrative levels of the game.

I'm only involved in 'dodgy old blokes, amateur, 5-a-side' in Brisbane - and size of competitions is restrained largely by the quality of administration.

Soccer participation by school kids is huge - and lots are involved in both 11 a side and Futsal 5-a-side. Whether you'd find enough demand for dedicated soccer schools around here is another thing...

It *might* work - but it'd be a huge gamble. I'd also suspect that Australia being the red-tape loving freaks that we know, they'd insist you did some local course and gained a 'recognised' qualification since they'll assume that any European qualification is worthless! (What do Europeans know about football?). There'd be some pretty tight regulatory compliance issues you'd have to look into and you mightbe shocked by the overheads this places on your business plan.

On the other hand - as far as I'm aware nobody else is doing it, and there ARE lots of kids who like playing, so perhaps its a good plan and your 'name brand' experience would certainly help lend credibility to any venture.

Good luck!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Jokes about Qld roar aside for a minute - there is a shortage of all levels of coaching and administrative levels of the game.

I'm only involved in 'dodgy old blokes, amateur, 5-a-side' in Brisbane - and size of competitions is restrained largely by the quality of administration.

Soccer participation by school kids is huge - and lots are involved in both 11 a side and Futsal 5-a-side. Whether you'd find enough demand for dedicated soccer schools around here is another thing...

It *might* work - but it'd be a huge gamble. I'd also suspect that Australia being the red-tape loving freaks that we know, they'd insist you did some local course and gained a 'recognised' qualification since they'll assume that any European qualification is worthless! (What do Europeans know about football?). There'd be some pretty tight regulatory compliance issues you'd have to look into and you mightbe shocked by the overheads this places on your business plan.

On the other hand - as far as I'm aware nobody else is doing it, and there ARE lots of kids who like playing, so perhaps its a good plan and your 'name brand' experience would certainly help lend credibility to any venture.

Good luck!
Albany Creek Excelsior (Brisbane Northside) recently appointed an ex-Bolton Wanderers youth coach (Paul Edwards) as their senior coach.

http://www.acesoccer.com.au/
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:23 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve -kelly -and the boys, i was an apprentice at W.B.A, then i went onto plat for Birmingham City , Lincoln City , Tranmere Rovers , Crewe Alex i also played abroad Hong Kong, Finland, New Zealand now i am looking to move to Australia with my family i have a daughter who will be going to uni next year and also my son who will be going to high school ,I am looking for some contacts to help my get over to Australia so if you know of any clubs looking for a coach then please pass on my details Thanks
Do you know Chris Mckenzie the goalie ?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

paul.joanne.fraser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark, what level qualification do you hold? I am in the process of gaining visa approval and like yourself will look at getting into soccer coaching when i move over. I coach at a Cypriot Academy (in the RAF at the mo) and I am sure that with your previous football background and qualifications a position should be available. Where are you looking at moving to? I have had some good feedback from clubs around the brisbane area; for me and my to boys who also play at this Academy in Cyprus.
Regards

Paul
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Do you know Chris Mckenzie the goalie ?
No i havint come across him , who did he play for ? and what year ?