Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

Wikiposts

So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:28 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry, if you dont like the tv programs you can always watch the ads. They are almost better quality than some of the shows that are on

Or just go down the pub & drink wine & Im sure you will find someone to call you a bloody poof .

On reflection that endless sex is sounding good, isn't it?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dont worry, if you dont like the tv programs you can always watch the ads. They are almost better quality than some of the shows that are on

Or just go down the pub & drink wine & Im sure you will find someone to call you a bloody poof .

On reflection that endless sex is sounding good, isn't it?

I have the ideal solution - go down the pub, drink copious amounts of wine thus ensuring the endless sex when I get home!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:34 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Help ! I need to know where in Sydney Burbs all these local pubs are?

After coming from a village that had five in walking distance (10 mins staggering for the fatherest). I now live in a burb that has none. And neither do the four local three local burbs to us either. In fact one is dry....does not even have a bottle shop.

I know some of the areas do have pubs - mostly known as hotels. But we are in residential and although lovely and green etc, Nightlife is the local shopping centre and strip of shops...a few restaurants and a large drive through bottle shop! Sorry I also think we have a bowling club...but not that desperate to try it yet! But then again I would not join the golf club either!

Yes we sit out at night - Hubby not as bitten as last year yet. Plus we do not smoke in the house so we have to go out to get nicotene fix. We actually all manage to eat an evening meal together..not in front of the TV. What do people do...I suppose it depends whether you have kids or not. Ours are a little older, 11 and 13, we play board games and chat. You can get used to the crap on TV. We tape some films and watch them a few nights later - fast forwarding the ads! Homework gets done now without the extreme fuss of ...oh I am missing, etc.

Oh and there is also going to bed!

Oh and there is also expats in the evening - only joking I work in IT and often stay up working late.

It isn't that bad, seriously.....I have read over 300 books since I have been here.....

Cheers