Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

so what clothes shops do they have in oz?

so what clothes shops do they have in oz?

Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:51 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default so what clothes shops do they have in oz?

Hi
Just wondering what clothes shops they have ?
I know they dont have next, which is my fave !!! and i dont really by designer clothes.
Is there shops like next, new look, dorathy perkins, gap & so on........ with different names ?

Keep hearing about factory wear house shops too !
I hear there is a woolworths but its something else, cant remember what it is.

any way if any one can answer, thanks

katherine
Old Apr 16th 2004, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

lon2mel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default .

dont worry about fasion or clothes,oz has loads of trendy shops for all styles.
i had never been to oz until i emigrated here.i had the impression that they were a little behind with fasion,but i was wrong.
cheers
Old Apr 16th 2004, 4:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: so what clothes shops do they have in oz?

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hi
I know they dont have next, which is my fave !!! and i dont really by designer clothes.
Is there shops like next, new look, dorathy perkins, gap & so on........ with different names ?

katherine

Hi - like the other reply, there's loads of similar shops, try SportsGirl, Jeans West and Just Jeans for good general high street priced shops. There's no Gap (that I've ever come across) but you'll see French Connection shops around the place. Woolworths over there is also purely a supermarket, they have Big W (which I believe has a few stores in the UK too) which is a bit like Woolworths as we know it in the UK + clothes.

Lots of good clothes, shops, accessory shops, not to mention all yoru Quicksilver, Billabong surfy type shops. If you have a favourite shop over here that the sells 'the' jeans for you and you're moving out to OZ you may want to buy an extra pair to take with you, fashions over there I did find slightly different but not in a bad way at all

Happy Shopping!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 5:38 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: so what clothes shops do they have in oz?

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hi

katherine
Don't know where you're headed Katherine, but I was thrilled to find that Melbourne (where we're going) has a Monsoon, & the big Chadstone Mall there has Jigsaw, Laura Ashley, Kookai, and French Connection.

There's also a women's clothes shop called 'Maggie T' which worried me a bit: obviously it's the place you go to buy a sharp blue suit, a pussy bow blouse, pearls and a handbag Yikes!

Anya.