So now what?

Old Nov 14th 2003, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So now what?

Was just about to submit PR paperwork and all change! I have job offer in Auckland (nursing) and have sold house subject to contract (I know, I know, it's not over til I'm singing!).

I am now thinking of applying under work to residence visa.

Does my husband have to apply for a seperate work visa/permit?
Under question re return travel, what do I put?
Surely I don't need to buy return flights for us all (5) when we don't intend returning?

I did have everything all sussed in my head and now it's full of cottonwool.

I also paid for the Emigration Group (Chester) to check our paperwork, but they will only have received that om Thursday. I do hope that they return the monies-although there was a clause stating that if the policies changed that wasn't their fault and monies would still have to be paid-Husband's going to kill me!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Don't worry about it, we too are from the mighty lancs and when ann-marie asked our daughter ( aged 6 going on 22 ) what she'd do at the airport if mummy couldn't go she replied " I'd be very sad....................but still go " rofl. Ann-Marie's face was a picture

Paul
Old Nov 14th 2003, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
Don't worry about it, we too are from the mighty lancs and when ann-marie asked our daughter ( aged 6 going on 22 ) what she'd do at the airport if mummy couldn't go she replied " I'd be very sad....................but still go " rofl. Ann-Marie's face was a picture

Paul
Where are you off to? What visa are you applying under? Kids bless em, they keep you laughing.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Janweb, i was born in aus which means myself and the kids are citizens blah blah, the only one applying for a visa will be ann-marie under a Spouse visa ( hence the story about her not being able to go ).

We are heading for brisbane and hope to be going sometime in the next fifteen years (the way things are going lol ) tho next year would be nice.

kids are great, the only way we got shannon ( 6 ) to say she wanted to go was because we would go picking fruit and that seemed to do it.Callum ( 8 ) however was a much tougher cookie to crack, he plays in goal for local team so we told him all aussie keepers are crap and he'd be a star lol.

All systems go.

Paul