$450 - $500
0.89%
$500+
1.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

So how much is your shopping bill?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how much is your shopping bill?

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im going to start adding up my dockets for the week to give a figure, as I shop most days.... Im thinking about $300
I do that, it really helps to see what you spend. I think maybe that's why I have fine funed my spending on groceries. I also used to spend a lot more when I did my shopping weekly, now I do it fortnightly I find there's less wasted stuff and I buy things like a big joint that I can cut in half and freeze.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

We try and keep shopping bills (in Adelaide) down to around $100/week.

We come up with a menu for the week on a friday night, then I'll go out on saturday morning and get whatever food we need (meat/fruit & veg from Adelaide Central Market), anything else comes from Foodland at Pasadena.

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

220+ from the Coles in Birkenhead, 60-70 for vegies at Bel fresco, 30 odd at the offie (1 bottle wine, 1 sixpack) and 40 odd at the butchers...

this excludes the daily/every second day milk and bread run which costs say about another 40 dollars, so all up about 400 for two adults and two kids.

next door neighbour is a "buyer" for a supermarket (i.e the one in competition to the one mentioned above) and his advice is not to buy fresh fruit and veg from them , additionally they (the supermarkets) forecast that an average family of 4 should spend about 11k per annum on groceries.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

we spend $250 to $300, that's for a family of 5, but we do have some luxury stuff, like I like Helga's bread, its almost $5.00, we also are crazy Ice tea drinkers, & they are expensive @ $2.99 a bottle, & a few other things.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, there. Thanks for starting this thread. I'm not over there,yet, but I was just wondering if any of the supermarkets deliver. I haven't seen any mention
of it, or am I just being stupid in even suggesting it!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
we spend $250 to $300, that's for a family of 5, but we do have some luxury stuff, like I like Helga's bread, its almost $5.00, we also are crazy Ice tea drinkers, & they are expensive @ $2.99 a bottle, & a few other things.
I have a weakness too ...I just hate coffee but can't resist the boxes of Nescafe Latte which has 10 'serves' and I need 2 boxes a week...don't know why I love that but not any other coffee ...quite expensive too.
There are just the two of us and we spend on average $160 a week which includes lots of fruit which OH loves....and I don't ...I know, I'm naughty. I also love Springvale Mango & Banana Nectar.
That doesn't include OH's amber liquid ...I don't drink.
About once a month I stock up on cleaning things so that increases that weeks shopping to about $190.
Hi Farideh!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a special sports diet at the moment and will buy for myself next week - so will let you know what the single ''athlete'' spends. The diet is just a modified Medditerean diet which is pretty much what the Badger clan eats anyhow.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I have a weakness too ...I just hate coffee but can't resist the boxes of Nescafe Latte which has 10 'serves' and I need 2 boxes a week...don't know why I love that but not any other coffee ...quite expensive too.
There are just the two of us and we spend on average $160 a week which includes lots of fruit which OH loves....and I don't ...I know, I'm naughty. I also love Springvale Mango & Banana Nectar.
That doesn't include OH's amber liquid ...I don't drink.
About once a month I stock up on cleaning things so that increases that weeks shopping to about $190.
Hi Farideh!
I use to spend the same sort of money on our weekly shopping back home, so no different to me here or there is the same, & we are fruit mad too, we love our water melons, I have made my OH become addicted to it, if he doesnt have it one day he becomes really agitated
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Some supermarkets deliver, depends if you're in a city though i think..... Sunshine Coast dosnt... messed around with a few postcodes and cant get some suburbs of brissie too. . . . give it a few years!

S-j x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:43 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

just had a look at our credit card online, added up all the woolies, coles & charlies fruitmarket bills over the last 7weeks....$627 altogether, so that works out as about $90 per week for the 2 of us.

We do most of our shopping in woolworths but almost never buy fruit and veg there as its a rip-off.

just remembered, we sometimes get bits and pieces from the inlaws.....random stuff like fruit, salmon, toilet rolls!!! which is great. No idea how much this would add on.... but I'll guess $20pw, bringing us up to about $110 pw.