$450 - $500
0.89%
$500+
1.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

So how much is your shopping bill?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default So how much is your shopping bill?

I'm really amazed at the amounts some of you spend on shopping, so it's time for a poll to see what the average shop really is out here.

A lot of it obviously boils down to where you shop, how many of you there are and what you buy, but for the peeps in the UK lets get an average.

I'll start - I spend at most $350 per fortnight. There's 4 of us, me, my husband, and 2 kids (8 and 14). We are in South Australia and I usually go to Woolies in Mawson Lakes

Last edited by Wendy; Mar 3rd 2008 at 8:40 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how much is your shopping bill?

I spend around $250 tops - that's for the four of us (girls 4 & 6). Lots of fruit and veg - buy that mostly from green grocers and try and stay seasonal.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi with us being shift workers it can vary depending on when we are at home for meals. Its only the 2 of us and I guess $150 weekly would be about average. We shop at Woolies.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Spend about $250 per week shopping mainly at Coles but fruit & veg from Fruit shop and Chicken from chicken shop all at Hollywood Plaza, Adelaide.That's for 5 of us and there's no naughties in the trolly either just neccesities.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

We (2 adults, 1 toddler + 1 baby) average about $300 a week with roughly $130 going towards JTL's beer and the girls' nappies and formula. We shop at the farmers' market every Sunday, and the butcher's, fruit barn, baker's, and ahem... Woolworth's or Coles for anything else during the week. We also get some basic seasonal fruit and vegetables delivered by a "Veggie Man" every other week.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:59 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Approx $250-300 for 4 of us
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Until recently I would have said 200-250 but it's more like 250-300 now. There are 6 of us and we eat a lot of fruit which I think is the main reason for the rising bill.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

what amazes me is the supermarkets can charge differently in different suburbs, here colses and woolworths is expensive, so i travel to another suburb near me (which is deemed a 'poor' suburb), and the supermarket is less expensive

I also try to keep the fruit and veg seasonal

According to some aussie nurses i was working with they reckon the cheapest supermarket is in Footscray, and failing going here they said they shop at Aldi
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:05 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
what amazes me is the supermarkets can charge differently in different suburbs, here colses and woolworths is expensive, so i travel to another suburb near me (which is deemed a 'poor' suburb), and the supermarket is less expensive

I also try to keep the fruit and veg seasonal

According to some aussie nurses i was working with they reckon the cheapest supermarket is in Footscray, and failing going here they said they shop at Aldi
Preston market also good.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:07 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm really amazed at the amounts some of you spend on shopping, so it's time for a poll to see what the average shop really is out here.

A lot of it obviously boils down to where you shop, how many of you there are and what you buy, but for the peeps in the UK lets get an average.

I'll start - I spend at most $350 per fortnight. There's 4 of us, me, my husband, and 2 kids (8 and 14). We are in South Australia and I usually go to Woolies in Mawson Lakes

Mine's is usually around $125. Last night he who continues to be in the dog house, accompanied me to the supermarket, as always Old Luxury Brand Boy put the shopping up by $100. As revenge I then spent $50 on wine!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:10 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I voted on 300-350

Average once a week $200 from woolies
$50- 70 Milk and Bread and rolls during week for sandwiches top up or kids lunches
$50 a week for booze (wine cask and bottle of spirits or a few bottle of sparkling or slab of beer) Not all every week!

This will not include meat for a special dinner or eating out

2 adults and 2 older teenagers.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret3
And bizarrely the expensive supermarket in the expensive suburb can be worse (in terms of stocking and space) than the cheaper one in the cheaper suburb. A prime example is the Safeways in Mt Eliza which has got to be one of the worst Safeways I've ever been to.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
And bizarrely the expensive supermarket in the expensive suburb can be worse (in terms of stocking and space) than the cheaper one in the cheaper suburb. A prime example is the Safeways in Mt Eliza which has got to be one of the worst Safeways I've ever been to.
I go to the supermarket in springvale and its about the best i've been in, usually i find the supermarkets here quite depressing, but springvale is better laid out and has natural lighting as its on the street, rather than in a mall
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

it depends as we dont have to buy nappies and cat food (the most expensive items!) every week, so I'd say on average about $200.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy

We spend around $120 per week we shop at aldi for basics (fruit and veg) usually costs around $70 - $80 per week and then we go to a local butcher for meat etc. I absolutly refuse to step through the doors of coles and woolworths as they are basically ripping people off and their quality is not that great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.