So,,,how many?

Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default So,,,how many?

First time posters will we get today?
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So,,,how many?

Nah, they'll all be wanting to move to Canada
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Its the 3 months of summer. Need to wait til the 9 months of winter.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Its the 3 months of summer. Need to wait til the 9 months of winter.
...and a fine, sunny evening it's been. Pub dinner, couple of pints out in full daylight up till 10pm - and the bill was neither more or less than it would have been pre-Brexit. Life's not too bloody shabby
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
...and a fine, sunny evening it's been. Pub dinner, couple of pints out in full daylight up till 10pm - and the bill was neither more or less than it would have been pre-Brexit. Life's not too bloody shabby

I had the day off and for once didn't spend it pounding my body into athletic submission

I spent the day having a lazy breakfast, playing with my daughter and then a walk and coffee and a running magazine. It felt pretty good, I could get used to it!

I've counted three newbies.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 10:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I had the day off and for once didn't spend it pounding my body into athletic submission

I spent the day having a lazy breakfast, playing with my daughter and then a walk and coffee and a running magazine. It felt pretty good, I could get used to it!

I've counted three newbies.
Sounds like a great day - extra time on the bike for you tomorrow

I'd put out the welcome mat for the newbies, but staying up all night last night, combined with the few pints tonight, means I'm up those stairs very shortly.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 10:40 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.google.com.au/trends/exp...z=Etc%2FGMT-10

My guess is it will take a while for the reality to sink in, and people to look for an escape route.

From the perspective of someone in the UK going "oh sh*t" the first thought might well be scotland, then europe (since they say existing individuals will be grandfathered), then canada (god knows why) and only then Australian & New Zealand.

If Turnbull and co, or Shorten if he replaces them, were smart they'd do a one time, 100k, quick low-hassle deal on UKians looking to immigrate, and pick the best. Lots of highly trained experts will be looking for an easy and quick route out of the sh*tstorm.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of inquiry perhaps, like where is best in Australia to live but not many serious takers the way the exchange rate is going.

The main drawcard for Aus was always the money factor, followed by the climate, which most people totally underestimated the ferocity of, and a lot end up hating.

If the pound continues to crumble, imagine arriving here and trying to buy in Sydney or Melbourne. But then imagine trying to buy in Vancouver now, same thing.

Googling move to australia is one thing, actually affording it is quite another nowdays.

However a few repeat episodes of new life downunder
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Lots of inquiry perhaps, like where is best in Australia to live but not many serious takers the way the exchange rate is going.

The main drawcard for Aus was always the money factor, followed by the climate, which most people totally underestimated the ferocity of, and a lot end up hating.

If the pound continues to crumble, imagine arriving here and trying to buy in Sydney or Melbourne. But then imagine trying to buy in Vancouver now, same thing.

Googling move to australia is one thing, actually affording it is quite another nowdays.

However a few repeat episodes of new life downunder
I moved here in 2013 when the exchange rate was the worst it could have been - I think I got $1.45 /£1 though I didn't move to Sydney or Melbourne, life here isn't really that expensive seeing as I earn less here than I earned in the UK. Also not worried by the climate although I do wish it was warmer at the moment and drier and less grey, etc
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I moved here in 2013 when the exchange rate was the worst it could have been - I think I got $1.45 /£1 though I didn't move to Sydney or Melbourne, life here isn't really that expensive seeing as I earn less here than I earned in the UK. Also not worried by the climate although I do wish it was warmer at the moment and drier and less grey, etc
That was the best FX rate. What you talking about?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:14 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not for transferring GBP to AUD to fund the move it wasn't
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was a year of two halves for forex. I remember because it was when we spent a month in Oz working out if wanted to move back at that point. After a steady climb from March, it hit a high of 59p in late Oct, and then came down very fast and IIRC was back at 52p or less by Xmas.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not for transferring GBP to AUD to fund the move it wasn't
Oh. You should make that clear. Some people like to transfer this stuff back to the UK.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 1:46 am

Oh. You should make that clear. Some people like to transfer this stuff back to the UK.
I did say it was when we moved over but I could have made it clearer
Old Jun 26th 2016, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did say it was when we moved over but I could have made it clearer
But some people move over for higher salaries, sending the money home (UK), to pay the mortgage on their UK house.