So Gutted

Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default So Gutted

After getting my hopes up I got back the dreaded email today
"As we see it with the information provided we cannot find a path of entry for either of you. Certainly not under the General Skilled Visa path"

When I read it I was so gutted I felt like id been hit with a hammer.

Should I just give up or has anyone has this happen to them and got in in the end ?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:40 pm
caz60

Default Re: So Gutted

Originally Posted by kevinm
"As we see it with the information provided we cannot find a path of entry for either of you. Certainly not under the General Skilled Visa path"

Should I just give up or has anyone has this happen to them and got in in the end ?
Keep going we also got refused the 1st time but we did it again and got in march 2005.We were on the 139visa. Good luck what ever you decide.

Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:40 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the email from??

Did 'they' give you any other options?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wargod
Who was the email from??

Did 'they' give you any other options?

Its from a broker I was going to use (still might) this was only the 1st assesment. ie job descriptions and cv's.
This was the next line of the reply. (I wont name names though)
"but we could have it wrong, so if you can provide us with more information then I may find a path of entry…Let me know your thoughts"

My job doesnt fit in the 60 point group but everything else around it seems to. My wife has more qualifications in here job but her's doesnt score that highly either.
It just seems really unfair that we both dont want anything when we get there apart from trying to fit into the australian way of life.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caz60
Keep going we also got refused the 1st time but we did it again and got in march 2005.We were on the 139visa. Good luck what ever you decide.
Hi, thats good to know you have got in after being refused before.
Whats the 139 visa ?
thanks
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your profession ?

Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Three Legs
What is your profession ?
I work in I.T I know there isnt many jobs about and my wife is in financial services. (both of us ideally dont want to do those jobs) hence the change
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:00 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

I work in I.T I know there isnt many jobs about and my wife is in financial services. (both of us ideally dont want to do those jobs) hence the change
What discipline?
I work as software engineer by job title however the ACS called me an applications programmer, basically it depends on what 'spin' you put on your job title/tasks as to what you can apply for.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wargod
What discipline?
I work as software engineer by job title however the ACS called me an applications programmer, basically it depends on what 'spin' you put on your job title/tasks as to what you can apply for.
Agreed, we had a couple of agents say they did not think our experience or qualifications were good enough for the ACS so I did it myself deciding it was worth the risk of a few hundred pounds trying and both of us gained positive ACS assessments (one in Group A with an IT Masters and the other in Group B with an MCSE).

Its definitely worth checking with a couple of agents and also talking yourself up a bit rather than the down Brits regularly seem to do.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spottydog
Agreed, we had a couple of agents say they did not think our experience or qualifications were good enough for the ACS so I did it myself deciding it was worth the risk of a few hundred pounds trying and both of us gained positive ACS assessments (one in Group A with an IT Masters and the other in Group B with an MCSE).

Its definitely worth checking with a couple of agents and also talking yourself up a bit rather than the down Brits regularly seem to do.
Well ive sent my stuff to 2 people and one was the reply I put on here (basically trying to put me through as they thought there woul dbe more chance) the other one says if my wife has a certain qualification then its a possibility. (no mention of me on that one) ??

whats the 139 visa, ideally i dont want to go there to do the same job as that defeats the object of going.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Well ive sent my stuff to 2 people and one was the reply I put on here (basically trying to put me through as they thought there woul dbe more chance) the other one says if my wife has a certain qualification then its a possibility. (no mention of me on that one) ??

whats the 139 visa, ideally i dont want to go there to do the same job as that defeats the object of going.
keep going cos we were told no twice, before found good agent to help, our key was in past apprenticeship which we did not think off.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:56 pm
caz60

Hi, thats good to know you have got in after being refused before.
Whats the 139 visa ?
thanks
The 139 is designated area sponsor where you need no points but have to have a sponsor and have the basic requirements

Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

139 is skilled designated sponsored visa
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by biggy
139 is skilled designated sponsored visa

How does that differ though because isnt it just down the the amount of points you score for your job etc ?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:21 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by caz60
The 139 is designated area sponsor where you need no points but have to have a sponsor and have the basic requirements

Ah if only it were that simple we'd be shipped over there by the boat load lol. Here's the truth not as easy as suggested, still ahve to jump through hoops and they don't just take people because they have family in Aus

138 Skilled-Australian Sponsored
This category has the same criteria as the 136 Independent, but with the advantage of receiving additional points under the points test if you have a relative in Australia who is willing to sponsor you.
The sponsor can be either a :
· A parent
· A non-dependent child
· A brother or sister, or
· A niece or nephew
· An uncle or aunt
In addition to having a sponsor, you must also have an "Assurance of support" from either your sponsor or another person who meets the "Assurer income test".
Applicants must be less than 45 years of age.

139 Skilled-Regional Sponsored

This category is similar to the 138 (above), but with the additional requirement that your sponsor must currently live in a "Regional" area of Australia. These are most areas, with the exception of :
· N.S.W - Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
· Western Australia - Perth
· Queensland - Brisbane, Sunshine and Gold Coasts
In addition to the 138 visa, relatives who may sponsor you under this category includes the following :
A first cousin
· A grand parents
There is no points test for this category, but you or your spouse must still satisfy the basic requirements of Age, English, Qualifications, Nominated occupation and Recent work experience, with certain exceptions.

Would really need help of an agent to find out if it's viable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.