So Fed Up!!

Old Feb 19th 2003, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So Fed Up!!

I've pretty much had enough. Our house was suppose to exchange again yesterday, and for the 4th time it did not. Although there is a possiblity that it may exchange on Friday, it means that I can not hand in my months notice, and I will still be working during all the removals. I feel so fed up. We can't make any definate plans for Oz. We cant book anything, and we cant organise leaving parties etc. I am now so pessimistic about the sale that I feel that we are never actually going to get to Oz.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Someone cheer me up!!!
Old Feb 19th 2003, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Oh you poor thing. I can really sympathise having had the same thing happen last week (but for the second time). I keep telling myself third time lucky!!

Not much I can say to cheer you up, but try and stay positive. These things happen for a reason I suppose. We've just had to book flights to validate our visas or we risk losing them, an expense we could well do without. Added to that we are now going to drop the house price to try and get a quicker sale - all depressing stuff. So, I really really hope you manage to exchange contracts on Friday - will keep my fingers crossed for you. It's the frustration of not knowing isn't it and not being able to make plans. Just try and make the most of the time you have got here with family and friends - easier said than done I know.

Hope it all goes well, have a large glass of wine or two tonight!
All the best

Loopy

PS Let us know how it goes
Old Feb 19th 2003, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the message Loopy. I've been thinking of you since you posted about your failed exchange, and appreciate how you much be feeling. It is such a stressful time, and worrying about losing money does not help. Hopefully in a years time this stress will be all but a distant memory. I will keep you updated, and thanks for the concern.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The English system for moving is so unreliable - at least in Scotland once you agree to sell you are sold!
Wonder what it is like in Australia - lets hope it is easier than other here.

Thinking of you and hoping it all goes through on Friday.

Best wishes
Old Feb 20th 2003, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, when you get to Australia (and you will!!) the house selling system is miles easier than the UK. Once you and the buyer have both signed the contract, the seller cannot pull out of the sale, and the buyer has a 'cooling off period' (varies from 5 days in NSW to 3 days in SA) after which they cannot pull out of the purchase. The only exception is if the buyer puts a condition on the contract, say 'subject to the sale of their house" and they find they cannot sell their own home. In the current housing climate, most sellers would not sign such a contract anyway. regards, adelaidegirl
Old Feb 21st 2003, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

LouLou

Any news? How has it gone today - been thinking about you whilst I've been cleaning like a madwoman ready for the house to go back on the market next week.

Fingers crossed for you

Loopy
Old Feb 21st 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I can only sympathise with you both, spent all day today on diy before house goes up next month.
Try doing what we've done. Instructed agents that am only willing to take house off market following offer IF they put up 10% deposit.