So far so good!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default So far so good!

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd check in and let you know that we've been here 2 weeks now and we're still loving it!

I think the only thing i would change is that we arrived in school holidays and I think that was a mistake. The kids are desperate to get to school to make friends and it's been a nightmare getting everything sorted and having to drag them round with us! We've had to split up most of the time, one of looking after the kids and one of us getting stuff done which has made it hard to make decisions - buying a car for example! It's probably been made worse because we've got 4 kids and they don't really get on! Even in the school holidays at home they always spent it with their mates not with each other. Just something to think about for anyone who is in the same situation! On the plus side they are absolutely desperate to get to school and i've never heard them say that before - they haven't even moaned about the school uniforms! We've had no trouble getting them into the schools we wanted.

I've yet to come across an unhelpful person, everyone is so kind, especially when you haven't a clue what your doing! Even in the Car Registration place when we didn't have enough types of ID the girl asked her manager who said it's hard enough for people coming over here as it is' - that would never have happened in the UK they would have just said 'computer says no!'

Another thing about banks, when we first arrived we went to open a bank account and they said if you open one in the first couple of weeks of being here they don't need as much ID - just your passport will do. If you leave it longer they need utility bills etc. that was in the Bank of Queensland.

We've also just found out that you need to have your Australian driving license before you can get full car insurance so that means i can't put of that test any longer!!!!

I apologise if any of this stuff has been posted before! What has definitely been posted before is what a wonderful place this is! I can't believe how lucky we are to get this chance to have this fantastic lifestyle. Hubby can't wipe the smile of his face! The only thing he needs is someone to got to the pub with then that's him sorted! My reservations are slowly melting in the sunshine but in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the home sickness to kick in! MSN helps loads! We brought a laptop with us so we could get connected straight away and it's been a life saver! And for the teenager who can chat with her mates! I think that's why i haven't felt it yet but I'm sure it will come!!

Hope I haven't bored you! For those of you still waiting for your visa and house sales - hang on in there it's worth the wait!!!!

Jo
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: So far so good!

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd check in and let you know that we've been here 2 weeks now and we're still loving it!
Jo
Its great to hear that you are enjoying it.

All The Best

Kim
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: So far so good!

Hi Everyone

I think the only thing i would change is that we arrived in school holidays and I think that was a mistake. The kids are desperate to get to school to make friends and it's been a nightmare getting everything sorted and having to drag them round with us! We've had to split up most of the time, one of looking after the kids and one of us getting stuff done which has made it hard to make decisions - buying a car for example! It's probably been made worse because we've got 4 kids and they don't really get on! Even in the school holidays at home they always spent it with their mates not with each other. Just something to think about for anyone who is in the same situation! On the plus side they are absolutely desperate to get to school and i've never heard them say that before - they haven't even moaned about the school uniforms! We've had no trouble getting them into the schools we wanted.

I've yet to come across an unhelpful person, everyone is so kind, especially when you haven't a clue what your doing! Even in the Car Registration place when we didn't have enough types of ID the girl asked her manager who said it's hard enough for people coming over here as it is' - that would never have happened in the UK they would have just said 'computer says no!'

Another thing about banks, when we first arrived we went to open a bank account and they said if you open one in the first couple of weeks of being here they don't need as much ID - just your passport will do. If you leave it longer they need utility bills etc. that was in the Bank of Queensland.

We've also just found out that you need to have your Australian driving license before you can get full car insurance so that means i can't put of that test any longer!!!!

I apologise if any of this stuff has been posted before! What has definitely been posted before is what a wonderful place this is! I can't believe how lucky we are to get this chance to have this fantastic lifestyle. Hubby can't wipe the smile of his face! The only thing he needs is someone to got to the pub with then that's him sorted! My reservations are slowly melting in the sunshine but in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the home sickness to kick in! MSN helps loads! We brought a laptop with us so we could get connected straight away and it's been a life saver! And for the teenager who can chat with her mates! I think that's why i haven't felt it yet but I'm sure it will come!!

Hope I haven't bored you! For those of you still waiting for your visa and house sales - hang on in there it's worth the wait!!!!

Jo
Hi Jo, great to hear from you. Can't wait until we are having and sharing the same experiences as you from the other side.!!
Jox
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So far so good!

Thanks for taking time out to let us know how you are getting on.

God I can't wait to get there now
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone

Jo
Really glad your all enjoying your new life i,m sure your huby wont have a lack of drinking partners soon.
hoping to come to brissy when we get our visas (robina,coomera).
good luck and great post
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:07 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi jo

really pleased your enjoying it

really good post

keep us updated please

some interesting tips there

thanks

enjoy yourselves

jan xx
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your regards, I am trying to chill and not worry about the home sickness - you never know I might never get it!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Jo
HI Jo Thanks for taking the time to post.Really glad to hear you are all happy.
and that you have sorted out schooling for the kids.That's my first priority I think once we get out there.
I have heard a lot of positive reports on Manly so sounds like a good area to settle.
We are just waiting to hear from our buyers the end of the chain has delayed things and are anxious to get things underway,just hope they do not pull out I am feeling nervous at the moment.
We are hoping to head out to the Sunshine Coast once the house sale is sorted hope we can say we will be feeling the same way oursleves too soon.
Take Care May I wish you well. Dreamaway
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
HI Jo Thanks for taking the time to post.Really glad to hear you are all happy.
and that you have sorted out schooling for the kids.That's my first priority I think once we get out there.
I have heard a lot of positive reports on Manly so sounds like a good area to settle.
We are just waiting to hear from our buyers the end of the chain has delayed things and are anxious to get things underway,just hope they do not pull out I am feeling nervous at the moment.
We are hoping to head out to the Sunshine Coast once the house sale is sorted hope we can say we will be feeling the same way oursleves too soon.
Take Care May I wish you well. Dreamaway
Hiya

I'm so pleased we picked Manly, its a lovely place and really handy for everything. Everyone we meet is always saying what a nice area it is! If you need any help when your coming over just let me know. Good luck with the house sale!

Jo
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Jo
Hi Jo great post, so pleased to see you are enjoying it over there and that everything is going well. Good luck in your new life
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:56 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Glad for you! enjoy your new life down under!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:08 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Jo
Hi Jo

Glad your enjoying Queensland. We are in Redland Bay and have been here since 5th November. LOVIN' IT

Just a note for all of you still waiting to come.
If you've got any NO CLAIMS on your car insurance, get a copy of it from your insurers and bring it with you.
We did and got full insurance with Suncorp. Debs has passed her QLD theory test today ( you have 3 months to do it, from time of arrival ).
And i FAILED AGAIN
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:17 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo,
Glad you're settling in ok.
Keep us updated please
Julie. x
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:01 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone

Jo

Good on ya Jo,
Tell hubby that we'll be there soon and we can go to the pub to discuss fire's and doing up houses.

Ali
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:13 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Jo
Jo, what a breath of fresh air your thread is So glad everything's going well for you all.

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.