Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So Angry and Fed Up!!

So Angry and Fed Up!!

Old Mar 13th 2002, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Debbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So Angry and Fed Up!!

Just need to get it off my chest! My husband and I put in our application September 2001 (skilled independent) to London, at the time the wait was 12 months, and as we all know it has gone up to 20 months. We just feel so annoyed that people who sent their applications to Adelaide after that date are now being processed! It just doesn't seem fair.

This whole business is making us feel so fed up. Wish DIMA London would do more to clear up the backlog! (putting it politely!). We made this huge decision to emigrate more than a year ago and just can't forget about it for over a year (as a lady at DIMA once told me to!!).

I emailed them on Monday this week to ask a couple of questions and they said they are processing October 2000 at the moment, IT and Nurses. Good luck to those people!

I'm sure we are not the only people feeling fed up too?
Old Mar 13th 2002, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So Angry and Fed Up!!

Debbie, I can assure you that are not the only ones fed up. We applied in November 2000 when the time scale was just 6 months. Since then we have seen it rise to 9 months, then 12, then 15 and now 20 months. We can only hope that it will not rise any higher. It's ok being told to forget about it, but when you think you are nearly there and the timescales just keep increasing it is really frustrating!

We told our daughter of our plans as we didn't want it to be a massive shock if we get the visas. She is 6 now and the waiting must feel twice as long to her. She is really excited and can't wait to get there. I just hope that it all turns our the way we have planned.

We are going to Perth for a few weeks in Apil for a holiday so hopefully this will bring our spirits back up. And I know the wait will be worth it in the end!

Keep your chin up!

Claire
Old Mar 13th 2002, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your note Clare. Will try to keep our chins up!
Have a lovely holiday.

Debbie
Old Mar 13th 2002, 1:37 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Debbie,

Where's this? We applied June 2001, so would be well annoyed if Adelaide is already issuing visa's for Nov 2001.

Nigel db

Originally posted by Debbie
We just feel so annoyed that people who sent their applications to Adelaide after that date are now being processed! It just doesn't seem fair.

I'm sure we are not the only people feeling fed up too?

Old Mar 13th 2002, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at thread by bevo seems to have applied to Adelaide Nov and has recently been asked for medicals, I applied Nov 2000 still waiting, begining to wonder if they will simply find some way t lose us in the system forever.
Old Mar 13th 2002, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied Jan 2001, to London, Nurse applicant, Still waiting.

Chris.
Old Mar 14th 2002, 9:36 pm
Paul

Throw in the towel.

"Debbie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just need to get it off my chest! My husband and I put in our application September
    > 2001 (skilled independent) to London, at the time the wait was 12 months, and as we
    > all know it has gone up to 20 months. We just feel so annoyed that people who sent
    > their applications to Adelaide after that date are now being processed! It just
    > doesn't seem fair.
    >
    > This whole business is making us feel so fed up. Wish DIMA London would do more to
    > clear up the backlog! (putting it politely!). We made this huge decision to
    > emigrate more than a year ago and just can't forget about it for over a year (as a
    > lady at DIMA once told me to!!).
    >
    > I emailed them on Monday this week to ask a couple of questions and they said
    > they are processing October 2000 at the moment, IT and Nurses. Good luck to
    > those people!
    >
    > I'm sure we are not the only people feeling fed up too?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 15th 2002, 9:05 am
Ahmet Metin

Adalaide has already granted to some IT applicants who applied in November 2001. I am
IT applicant too. Applied from Ankara in April 2001. Am in my 12th Month of wait.

Debbie <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just need to get it off my chest! My husband and I put in our application September
    > 2001 (skilled independent) to London, at the time the wait was 12 months, and as we
    > all know it has gone up to 20 months. We just feel so annoyed that people who sent
    > their applications to Adelaide after that date are now being processed! It just
    > doesn't seem fair.
    >
    > This whole business is making us feel so fed up. Wish DIMA London would do more to
    > clear up the backlog! (putting it politely!). We made this huge decision to
    > emigrate more than a year ago and just can't forget about it for over a year (as a
    > lady at DIMA once told me to!!).
    >
    > I emailed them on Monday this week to ask a couple of questions and they said
    > they are processing October 2000 at the moment, IT and Nurses. Good luck to
    > those people!
    >
    > I'm sure we are not the only people feeling fed up too?

Old Mar 15th 2002, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

koofoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been considering migration for a long time. We initially applied for Canada in August 2000, but my wife's medical had a small shadow which the doctor said was active TB, despite the fact that my wife was feeling fit and healthy. After extensive investigation, the chest Consultant gave the all clear and confirmed that it was nothing more than a childhood scar tissue. I sent the findings via the appointed doctor to the Canadian embassy in Oct 2001. In Dec 2001 the Canadian embassy asked me and my family to retake our medicals??? I got the doctor to question them on this decision and it turned out that they never received the second set of results and findings.

In the meantime we went on holiday to Sydney and felt that there's no place like it in the world. Freindly people and glorious sunshine, what more can one ask for. I applied to Adelaide first week of January. They've cashed the fee early Feb as I saw it on my credit card bill. I've also being trying to contact the Canadian embassy, I sent them a copy of all the results and an explanation of the whole story. I asked that they return my Right Of Landing Fee, as this is refundable. But I've not received any reply in over a month. I've sent two faxes since and still no reply. I hope I have better luck with the Australian visa.
Old Mar 15th 2002, 10:35 pm
Sbmallik

Good luck .... I'm sure this will be faster

koofoo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > We've been considering migration for a long time. We initially applied for Canada
    > in August 2000, but my wife's medical had a small shadow which the doctor said was
    > active TB, despite the fact that my wife was feeling fit and healthy. After
    > extensive investigation, the chest Consultant gave the all clear and confirmed that
    > it was nothing more than a childhood scar tissue. I sent the findings via the
    > appointed doctor to the Canadian embassy in Oct 2001. In Dec 2001 the Canadian
    > embassy asked me and my family to retake our medicals??? I got the doctor to
    > question them on this decision and it turned out that they never received the
    > second set of results and findings.
    >
    > In the meantime we went on holiday to Sydney and felt that there's no place like it
    > in the world. Freindly people and glorious sunshine, what more can one ask for. I
    > applied to Adelaide first week of January. They've cashed the fee early Feb as I
    > saw it on my credit card bill. I've also being trying to contact the Canadian
    > embassy, I sent them a copy of all the results and an explanation of the whole
    > story. I asked that they return my Right Of Landing Fee, as this is refundable. But
    > I've not received any reply in over a month. I've sent two faxes since and still no
    > reply. I hope I have better luck with the Australian visa.

Old Mar 15th 2002, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

hello to all - especially those angry and fed up.
A few notes to those who have recently replied on this forum and those just observing _ accountants< hairdressers and nurses along with a few others are on the list of occupations in demand

We are all fed up but will get there in the end

Is it the fault of Adelade or the people who applied there or London for being slow or is it the way the cookie crumbles? Life is not often fair

As Claire says keep your chin up