Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snow Snow Snow !!

Snow Snow Snow !!

Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

debbie and rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Snow Snow Snow !!

I'm not excited really !! Its just a really big surprise its actually snowing here in Portsmouth and it almost never snows down here . My girls have never seen it and are beside themselves with excitement.

debbie
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems kind of strange but this should be our last winter here...The kids too have never really seen or played in it...!LOL
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, lots of the white stuff here in milton keynes. Just been outside making snow angels. Got ambushed by Mr booboo with his lethal supply of snowballs.
Just the BooBoos playing in the close, screaming and howling with laughter. Neighbours stuck indoors being boring!!!!!

Anyway, we had good fun...

booboo
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes being stuck here that little bit longer al little more acceptable!!!

booboo
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:42 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

even an inch in Berks - of snow that is. Took me approx 20 mins to do 11 miles then took 1 hr 10 mins to to the remaining 6 miles as the snow came down.

pretty though now I am in the comforts of my own home
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:45 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife suggested that she took a picture of it as we may never see it again.
So i sent her out with a camera and scraper."De-Ice the car as well then", "It'll be the First and Last time YOU'll ever do that".
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

debbie and rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thawed out now...

Not the snow..... my enthusiasm just been reminded how cold and wet it is . Kids still loving it though. I'm just dreading driving in to work at 530 tomorrow morning. Mimd you it'll probably be all gone tomorrow it never settles for long down these parts!!

Debbie
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

It is coming down thick and fast here just after a massive lightening storm. Loads of white stuff the kids are really excited they think they will be sledging tomorrow!! Won`t disapoint them just yet.

footie chick
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by footie chick
It is coming down thick and fast here just after a massive lightening storm. Loads of white stuff the kids are really excited they think they will be sledging tomorrow!! Won`t disapoint them just yet.

footie chick

had a good load here too, Oliver is thrilled as he thinks we will go sledging on his 3rd birthday tomorrow, ummm think it may be gone by morning!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:55 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I have been working in my sons school all week and the children have all been so excited about the prospect of snow. I must admit i feel very excited.
It's coming down here now, I love it when it snows

Ace

Last edited by ACE; Jan 28th 2004 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snow Snow Snow !!

Originally posted by debbie and rich
I'm not excited really !! Its just a really big surprise its actually snowing here in Portsmouth and it almost never snows down here . My girls have never seen it and are beside themselves with excitement.

debbie
Hi Debbie,
we've had it too really heavy for a time too, although its all gone again off the roads now! it was nice for our daughter while it lasted, too bloody cold for me though! Did you have thunder & lightning too?
rach
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Wanna swop. Expecting 34 with 97% humidity today and thats in the shade!

Snow suddenly looks very desirable.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Debbie,
we've had it too really heavy for a time too, although its all gone again off the roads now! it was nice for our daughter while it lasted, too bloody cold for me though! Did you have thunder & lightning too?
rach

Dotty, i'd love to swap with you, been freezing here all day, still haven't warmed up!
remember to slip, slap, slop won't you
kind regards
rach
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep i will swap also Dotty, it is really cold here now the snow has stopped for now but the wind is pretty wild and it is mighty cold as i have just ventured out to the shop.

Never mind Dotty you will soon be back in the UK experiencing the Uk weather at its best !!

footie chick
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by footie chick
Yep i will swap also Dotty, it is really cold here now the snow has stopped for now but the wind is pretty wild and it is mighty cold as i have just ventured out to the shop.

Never mind Dotty you will soon be back in the UK experiencing the Uk weather at its best !!

footie chick
Trust me girls nobody would want that temp with that humidity, the combination of both feels more like 50C. Nothing nice about it at all. Extreme UV, will probably allow about 9 minutes in the sun! Still we should get a cracker storm this afternoon.
Australian summer weather is pretty hard to describe but its not exactly gently warm, furnace is a word often used

:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.