Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snorkelling around Brisbane

Wikiposts

Snorkelling around Brisbane

Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snorkelling around Brisbane

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hope I'm on that shore dive??? Will interigate him ASAP.
As for the rain we haven't had any either and def getting crispy around here now. At least we know now what to do after our evening out at the bush fire presentation.
what do you do for the bush fire thingy? Are we meant to have a plan? Mark said that on Friday the roads were chocker block with people taking pics of the fire etc It rained again last night so that'll help. Since we've been here we've worked out it rains approx every 3 weeks here, mainly at night. The mist in the mornings around Eumundi ranges is great. Will have to get my camera out in the early mornings X
Old Aug 27th 2006, 7:33 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
what do you do for the bush fire thingy? Are we meant to have a plan? Mark said that on Friday the roads were chocker block with people taking pics of the fire etc It rained again last night so that'll help. Since we've been here we've worked out it rains approx every 3 weeks here, mainly at night. The mist in the mornings around Eumundi ranges is great. Will have to get my camera out in the early mornings X
We have a plan: Get out and get as far away as possible House is insured and replaceable. Wife & kids aren't.....................well now I think about it .
It hasn't rained here for ages well 4 1/2 weeks. Two years ago it stopped raining May 7th and didn't rain again until September 14th this year for us has been quite wet for winter.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
We have a plan: Get out and get as far away as possible House is insured and replaceable. Wife & kids aren't.....................well now I think about it .
It hasn't rained here for ages well 4 1/2 weeks. Two years ago it stopped raining May 7th and didn't rain again until September 14th this year for us has been quite wet for winter.
Amazing considering you don't live that far from me! Colleagues have said its been quite wet considering we're in dry season. Drive through Doonan every day taking kids to school, me to work and it always bloody rains there. One of my patients suggested that if they want to dam anywhere, it should be there! Not in my back yard as they say!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:08 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Bloody hell woman :scared: couple of surfers have died off of there and a 12 year old kid last year, he was only waist deep.
See - they'd have been ok if they'd had a snorkel with them
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:13 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing considering you don't live that far from me! Colleagues have said its been quite wet considering we're in dry season. Drive through Doonan every day taking kids to school, me to work and it always bloody rains there. One of my patients suggested that if they want to dam anywhere, it should be there! Not in my back yard as they say!
Eastern side of the Bruce usually gets a lot more rain than the West in this area . You'll get the coastal showers where you are GB. When we lived at Tin Can Bay it rained at 3pm just about every afternoon during the summer just in time to get soaked picking the boy up from school
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
Eastern side of the Bruce usually gets a lot more rain than the West in this area . You'll get the coastal showers where you are GB. When we lived at Tin Can Bay it rained at 3pm just about every afternoon during the summer just in time to get soaked picking the boy up from school
Lesson learnt - take brolly on school run! Peeing it down at the mo, Mark at work, kids in bed and I'm watching Most Haunted (the London Dungeon one) - very spooked but have glass of wine!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:27 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Snorkelling around Brisbane

Raining here today +++ so bush fires cancelled for now, should put some water back in the tanks after recent visitors of the two legged kind.

They recommend stuffing something in your gutters to block them and filling them with water to stop risk of fire entering roof. Sprinkling all round outside to damp things down etc etc... see this link for the full patter...

http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?MenuID=325