Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snobby inner city people

Snobby inner city people

Old May 13th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default Snobby inner city people

I was recently on a reccie of Brisbane and found something very strange about the attitude of many of the people I spoke to. I would say most of them believed that you could not possibly look at living more than 190K out side the CBD, it seems to be frowned upon.

I don't know if it was the company I was keeping or what but very strange to me, because I fancy going to the Redlands area and just comuting, and they all sortof said oh well if you like that sort of thing?
Old May 14th 2007, 12:07 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snobby inner city people

Originally Posted by GreenTea
I was recently on a reccie of Brisbane and found something very strange about the attitude of many of the people I spoke to. I would say most of them believed that you could not possibly look at living more than 190K out side the CBD, it seems to be frowned upon.

I don't know if it was the company I was keeping or what but very strange to me, because I fancy going to the Redlands area and just comuting, and they all sortof said oh well if you like that sort of thing?
190K! I assume that is a typo?

There is a oft said thing that Aussies think nothing of driving several hours for a weekend away but think anyone that commutes more than 20K is mad.
Old May 14th 2007, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
190K! I assume that is a typo?

There is a oft said thing that Aussies think nothing of driving several hours for a weekend away but think anyone that commutes more than 20K is mad.

I agree with them, what's the epoint of travelling a hour or more to work everyday when you don't need to. I'd much rather drive a hour to the beach or whatever at the weekends. Makes much more sense.
Old May 14th 2007, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GreenTea

Redlands is hour by train , but only 25-30 mins by car , I think this is reasonable distance to travel in the UK my wife Travel for 2.5 hrs each way to work so this is a breeze to her