Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snakes snakes snakes

Snakes snakes snakes

Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Piwi Chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Snakes snakes snakes

Well made the move to OZ after spending the last 10 years in NZ originally emmigrating from UK!!
I had to sit on the idea about moving here for a couple of months because of my phobia of snakes, but everyone reassured me that they had lived here for years and seen one or none at all.
Weve been in our rental 5 weeks and had a 3 metre carpet python wrapped around deck and 2 brown snakes!!!!
Im on pins now all the time and really second guessing our discission to move from NZ
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:09 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Default Re: Snakes snakes snakes

Sorry to hear that you've seen 3! We've been here 2.5 years and not seen any. Just our of curiosity where abouts are you?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
Sorry to hear that you've seen 3! We've been here 2.5 years and not seen any. Just our of curiosity where abouts are you?
Been here nearly 8 years and the only snake I've seen in the wild was a dead one on the road in Tassie.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Piwi Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi OZ BOUND

We are in Helensvale, Gold Coast!!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see any snakes in Melbourne but since moving here in Feb have seen 2 in the garden....

One was a tree snake which is apparently harmless enough and the other a brown snake which is rather more scary

Hasn't put me off but have to be honest I was careful putting the rubbish out to the bin this evening, wimp that I am
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We see snakes fairly regularly, though not so much in cold weather. Perhaps they are hanging around near your house for warmth. Just be careful and look before you leap. To reassure yourself look up the number of your local snake catcher so you have it ready if you want it.

I much prefer Aussie snakes to NZ earthquakes.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:37 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Snakes are very common in that region, we live closer to Brisbane but see lots of them, mostly harmless Carpet Pythons.