Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Small tip for people coming to NSW

Small tip for people coming to NSW

Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Small tip for people coming to NSW

Just something silly but wish I'd known! I have been here for 3 months now (moved from uk) and the only problem I have had is with my skin. According to the doctor I saw the other day, during the winter here it is very dry and people not used to the climate suffer from dry skin dermetitis, which is exactly what I have got! I have never had skin trouble in all of my life and now I'm itching like a gooddan and am having to smother myself in moisturiser. Its getting sorted now though and I'll just have to remember to get some more cream for next winter, aparantly its quite humid here during the summer so I shouldn't have a problem. So if you have sensitive skin, remember to invest in some bloody good moisture cream, they sell it by the bucket loads here!!

apart from that we are all having a great time and I am now enjoying the school holidays, carting my kids here there and everywhere, exploring the many nature reserves and parks around here. Still can't believe how good the weather has been here!

mandy
Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Small tip for people coming to NSW

Thanks for a great tip in skin care. Where are you in NSW?
Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Cherrybrook in the 'hills district' about 25km North/west from Sydney

Mandy
Old Jul 12th 2002, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

thanx for the update
rday
Old Jul 14th 2002, 2:50 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done Mandy

It is the tips like this that make me feel less of a moran, (If Pos!) We have been here since May 1st 2002 in Sydney, my sister sent me off with a very good moisturiser - with SPF factor as well, as my going away pressie. Didn't think much as I never have used anything before now. I was using it every day because it reminded me of my sister and made me laugh cause I thought I was pampering myself!! Anyway in the couple of months we, the family, have been here in Syndey in Winter, the family members, dry skin, dandruff, cracked dry lips etc - but not my face!!!! My psoriasis is worse here, (actually spreading for the first time in ten years - but also they put that down to stress) when it always cleared up on my med holidays and on my NSW's one.

Back to the Point
Thanks Mandys - stating the small points means a lot
Old Jul 19th 2002, 2:21 pm
Jaj

This point is very true, however the dry air and clear skies in winter are a lot
healthier on balance than the endless damp and cloud in NW Europe.

Jeremy

>On 12 Jul 2002 16:20:13 GMT, Mandy Bale <[email protected]> wrote: Just
    >something silly but wish I'd known! I have been here for 3 months now (moved from
    >uk) and the only problem I have had is with my skin. According to the doctor I saw
    >the other day, during the winter here it is very dry and people not used to the
    >climate suffer from dry skin dermetitis, which is exactly what I have got! I have
    >never had skin trouble in all of my life and now I'm itching like a gooddan and am
    >having to smother myself in moisturiser. Its getting sorted now though and I'll just
    >have to remember to get some more cream for next winter, aparantly its quite humid
    >here during the summer so I shouldn't have a problem. So if you have sensitive skin,
    >remember to invest in some bloody good moisture cream, they sell it by the bucket
    >loads here!!
    >
    >apart from that we are all having a great time and I am now enjoying the school
    >holidays, carting my kids here there and everywhere, exploring the many nature
    >reserves and parks around here. Still can't believe how good the weather has
    >been here!
    >
    >mandy
    >
    >
    >
    >--