Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Slow down there Timber

Slow down there Timber

Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Slow down there Timber

Yes, TV programs helped me choose Australia.

I have read a few posts that are negative toward people who choose to emigrate to Australia off the back of TV programs like A new life down under, even though they have never been.

I see these programs as adverts that let me know that australia is a possible place to emigrate to, and offered an insight into what it takes to go ahead with the move. Of course there is a lot more talking and researching to be done. Even if the programs did help you make your mind up there is still a long way to go before you sell up and move out. Those final stages will no doubt test our intent.

So just because there are more people here off the back of such programs, like myself, don't judge them unworthy.

Me and my family want a fresh start, and in a strange way a move down south from the north east has problems as well as a move to australia. So if we are going to move we are really going to move - all the way round the world.

<claps> i totally agree m8, and i for one watch with avid anticipation at these programmes.
good luck !

Timber Floor AU

what P***es me off !
What really annoys me and im sure im gonna get flak from this but shit or bust as the man says...
PPl moving to oz on the premise, aint been there , aint seen it apart from some bloody documentary, have no real interest in the culture and ppl... and get there bloody visa in 3 minutes flat then show off to all unsundry whingin that the waiting game is over all 22 days of it ffs then when pushed as to their intentions they have the f*****g gall and bone faced cheek to retort , if we dont like it we'll just come back here ...
do these ppl realise the sheer toil and expense and commitment a gr8 proportion of us put into this damn process...
if you are a self centred plonka never been and fancy a change do me a favour and try GUATAMALA..... please
some genuine ppl, who treat this more than an extended holiday really need these daft visa application numbers depleted....
every 4 mins a new imigrant takes up a new life in oz, if we disuaded half of the plonkas from immigrating in the first place ...maybe just maybe the processing times would be shortened and resources extended to BONA FIDE applicants..

CONTENTIOUS i know
Timber Floor AU

You are obviously enjoying yourself and I have to admit youve had me in stitches but you are runing the danger of forgeting what you have been saying!

As you say, Hey lay back have a beer and chill - Okay but try to be just a wee but consistent or folk may start to think you have been taking over by one of these multi-presonalitys that we keep hearing about.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:35 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Scot fair do's good point and I honestly wasnt taking a poke at the intentions or routes of people who read and make posts here...

My point and i stand by it, quite unreservedly... is The media can over simplify and embroider what is an otherwise difficult and very expensive, and also laborious procedure..

Having said that, I was unfair in implying that "majority" of emigratees found it easy, which was not intended..

As for judging anyone unworthy, that is a scurrulous retort...

Everyone has and indeed deserves Gods blessing, luck and all the help and motivation in the world in realising their goal , no matter what level they are at or procedure they employ...

My point is the "trivial" nature you do see demonstrated by some applicants, and by this i am reflecting the Media coverage of the issue not the forums coverage >>

"You are obviously enjoying yourself and I have to admit youve had me in stitches but you are runing the danger of forgeting what you have been saying!"

Never a danger there, copy and paste is a hearty reminder mate, god bless ya
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Great banter LMAO

Keep it up!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:00 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Billabong
Great banter LMAO

Keep it up!!

Hey billabong, what part of brissy u heading for ???

Steve