Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

slight possiblity of rain...

Wikiposts

slight possiblity of rain...

Old May 17th 2005, 4:54 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default slight possiblity of rain...

it's very slightly possible that it might rain where I am... (well not over my pooty, but outside!!!).. which is great, as we are in an officially drought declared shire of Qld... and we want rain!! The dam that feeds the shire is down to 13% we are on very tight water restrictions...

come on hughey! let it rain good and proper!!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:29 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: slight possiblity of rain...

The sky darkens, lightning flashes, thunder peels but, as so often happens in inland Australia, all this fury is followed by only a few drops of rain:

Rain Dance

Old May 17th 2005, 6:34 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Megalania
The sky darkens, lightning flashes, thunder peels but, as so often happens in inland Australia, all this fury is followed by only a few drops of rain:
I know... it's so typical of the weather here... we haven't had a proper storm as such either.. just rain fronts drifting over, then they promptly dump their rain on the Border Ranges.. bugger! we want it here!

It's a green drought.. just enough rain to tickle the plants, but no where near enough to do any proper good

One thing we lack is a water tank.. the local council is STILL debating (have been for 12 months apparently) if they ought to offer an incentive to get people in the shire to install them! How mad is that!! We just want a water tank anyway... better have another chat with our landlord...
Old May 17th 2005, 7:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
I know... it's so typical of the weather here... we haven't had a proper storm as such either.. just rain fronts drifting over, then they promptly dump their rain on the Border Ranges.. bugger! we want it here!

It's a green drought.. just enough rain to tickle the plants, but no where near enough to do any proper good

One thing we lack is a water tank.. the local council is STILL debating (have been for 12 months apparently) if they ought to offer an incentive to get people in the shire to install them! How mad is that!! We just want a water tank anyway... better have another chat with our landlord...
BG whereabouts is Cunninghams Gap in QLD? Can't find it on my map. And two weeks to go until what