Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Slap-dash with the slip-slop-slap?

Slap-dash with the slip-slop-slap?

Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:28 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Slap-dash with the slip-slop-slap?

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think you've missed a 0 off there
0.75?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Just recently I am stopping to use sunscreen, since spring really. I find myself stepping out for 15 minutes at a time without cream. It's all the harder when you have to get the baby bags ready, find the hat for the little one and she comes first. A few times in the last few weeks I have been not burnt, no shade of pink or red but you can see I have probably been somewhere...

I do take some solace from the fact I NEVER sunbake, ALWAYS mow with a broad-brimmed hat, and NEVER otherwise needlessly stand in the sun, (this sounds like a Sun newspaper editorial now lol) but it's time I arrested this nasty habit.

anyone else care to admit...
90% of sun damage occurs before the age of 21 so you're right to concentrate on the little one. She's the most at risk of developing long-term skin damage. The latest research suggests that short bursts on intensive burning are worse for you than long-term cumulative exposure so I'd guess those of us brits who sizzled for two weeks on the costas before heading back to grey old britain were storing up damage for the future.

Mark
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

I'd guess those of us brits who sizzled for two weeks on the costas before heading back to grey old britain were storing up damage for the future.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Never been to the Costas but sizzled on the Caribbean a few times
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Never been to the Costas but sizzled on the Caribbean a few times

Ooooh! Get you!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Just recently I am stopping to use sunscreen, since spring really. I find myself stepping out for 15 minutes at a time without cream. It's all the harder when you have to get the baby bags ready, find the hat for the little one and she comes first. A few times in the last few weeks I have been not burnt, no shade of pink or red but you can see I have probably been somewhere...

I do take some solace from the fact I NEVER sunbake, ALWAYS mow with a broad-brimmed hat, and NEVER otherwise needlessly stand in the sun, (this sounds like a Sun newspaper editorial now lol) but it's time I arrested this nasty habit.

anyone else care to admit...
At work everyone thinks I'm insane to use long sleeves, but I find it's easier than stuffing about with the slop bit. That way I can slop some on my face neck and hands and I'm done. I use a broad brimmed hat when I'm outside too.

I recall reading a study that says that Aussie men are great at covering up their kids, but lousy at being sun-safe themselves. So you can imagine the message that the kids grow up with. I try not to be too anal about it, but I look around me at the state of guys in their 40s and decide I'll hang onto my pale blue complexion as long as I can : )
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CHnJ
At work everyone thinks I'm insane to use long sleeves, but I find it's easier than stuffing about with the slop bit.
My (Aussie) hub's the same. Long sleave shirts all the time. Fairly sensible imo.

One thing though, I can't understand anyone who wears jeans in mid summer... which he does. Eugh! Sweaty.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:11 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I very rarely slip, slap or slop to be honest. I find it hard enough to not drip like a tap with the humidity sometimes without being a greased doubly dripping tap
Sweaty mare!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
My (Aussie) hub's the same. Long sleave shirts all the time. Fairly sensible imo.

One thing though, I can't understand anyone who wears jeans in mid summer... which he does. Eugh! Sweaty.
Mine wears jeans in the summer and it makes me sweat just looking at him. Although he got a terrible burn on his right leg last week by being passenger in the car. I guess the sun was at just the right angle to burn his shin to the blistering stage. It also doesn't help that he's very blond with very pale skin.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Played golf with a doc. whose cancer cut-outs made him look like a shishkebab and he says they now think that exposure to UV brings out cancers all over the body, not just in the exposed areas. And that explains the cancers between the toes, near the dangly bits and so on.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wol
Played golf with a doc. whose cancer cut-outs made him look like a shishkebab and he says they now think that exposure to UV brings out cancers all over the body, not just in the exposed areas. And that explains the cancers between the toes, near the dangly bits and so on.

Eughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Did he say whether that new research was melanomas or basal/squamous cell cancers? The former tend to be deadly for younger people, the latter for 40+ long-term sun worshippers.

Mark
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Since we're both well into the latter I would assume...........
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Mine wears jeans in the summer and it makes me sweat just looking at him. Although he got a terrible burn on his right leg last week by being passenger in the car. I guess the sun was at just the right angle to burn his shin to the blistering stage. It also doesn't help that he's very blond with very pale skin.
What kind of car was he in to get sunburnt on his shin whilst being a passenger?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wol
Since we're both well into the latter I would assume...........
There is a new cream that a couple of 50+ aussie men we know here in Perth have been using. Not certain how it works but seems it brings all the skin cancers to the surface of the face so they can be cut out. It makes you look like a leper for a couple of weeks. Quite disconcerting.

Mark
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know of a decent suncream that is actually waterproof? I never wear any when I surf as it always drips into your eyes and stings like hell. Dont really want to end up looking like Lesley Crowther by the time I'm 30 though!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.