Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sky's on the move

Sky's on the move

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:06 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky's on the move

Any of you remember me?
Just a quick update.
We love it here in Nz, We're here for good thats for sure.
Landed in Christchurch January and my goodness it feels like we have been here years.
It was very, very hard at first and our rental arranged by the hubbys boss didnt help, also the bitter cold winter we had to endure in the sheds they call houses here. Work was awful for me and the constant put downs and questioning of my ability was just too much and I left Christchurch hospital to be a full time mum.
We have done a lot since we arrived, we have rented, then bought a house and now we have sold again, we've done really well and have made money on the house.
We realised though that for us to be happy and be able to enjoy nz we needed to get rid of the mort so we have downsized ... the house we are moving to is older but is on more land and is more rural so we do not feel we are losing out we feel we are better off.
Am not looking forward to all the packing again though, just glad I saved all the shippers boxes.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:38 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky's on the move

Originally Posted by sky
Any of you remember me?
Just a quick update.
We love it here in Nz, We're here for good thats for sure.
Landed in Christchurch January and my goodness it feels like we have been here years.
It was very, very hard at first and our rental arranged by the hubbys boss didnt help, also the bitter cold winter we had to endure in the sheds they call houses here. Work was awful for me and the constant put downs and questioning of my ability was just too much and I left Christchurch hospital to be a full time mum.
We have done a lot since we arrived, we have rented, then bought a house and now we have sold again, we've done really well and have made money on the house.
We realised though that for us to be happy and be able to enjoy nz we needed to get rid of the mort so we have downsized ... the house we are moving to is older but is on more land and is more rural so we do not feel we are losing out we feel we are better off.
Am not looking forward to all the packing again though, just glad I saved all the shippers boxes.
Hi Sky
Glad to hear you're settling ok...on the downside how awful for you to have to endure the put downs and questioning regarding your work That must have done wonders for your confidence!!!!! I had a similar experience here but mine was more to do with an awful reference an ex boss was sending round to any job I applied for (she wrote total lies...she never liked me)...therefore preventing me from getting any work...so I know how it can make you feel.

I hope you continue to be happy in NZ and that things go well for you and your family.....and enjoy being a full time mum...savour every moment as they grow up far too quickly!!!

Petra
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:50 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Sky
Glad to hear you're settling ok...on the downside how awful for you to have to endure the put downs and questioning regarding your work That must have done wonders for your confidence!!!!! I had a similar experience here but mine was more to do with an awful reference an ex boss was sending round to any job I applied for (she wrote total lies...she never liked me)...therefore preventing me from getting any work...so I know how it can make you feel.

I hope you continue to be happy in NZ and that things go well for you and your family.....and enjoy being a full time mum...savour every moment as they grow up far too quickly!!!

Petra
Thank you petra,
I came over so full of enthusiasum but the hospital soon beat that out of me. I would never go back to working in a hospital again (their loss) and am considering retraining in another career. NZ is fabulous I love it .. I love the smell, the sunshine, the people, the inocence .. we wont go back to the uk, its just too good here.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:56 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Thank you petra,
I came over so full of enthusiasum but the hospital soon beat that out of me. I would never go back to working in a hospital again (their loss) and am considering retraining in another career. NZ is fabulous I love it .. I love the smell, the sunshine, the people, the inocence .. we wont go back to the uk, its just too good here.
Good for you!!! Absolutely its THEIR loss!! I too am thinking about re-training in something different when we get to Brissy....not sure exactly what yet tho!!!

I bet the smell in the air is fabulous.....you'd choke here in Pompey!!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sky,
Good luck with the move, I'm glad things are picking up at last. Can identify with the job thing - being made to feel awful at work affects your whole life, especially when you are trying to settle somewhere.
I hope to visit NZ one day - I love Tas, and they say NZ is a bigger version.
Keep us posted and hope things go well

Polly
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Well done for sticking it out, enjoy your new life as a full time mom!

Let us know how you're getting on.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 5:21 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Sky...hmm, don't remember a Sky