Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SKY ONE in Auz??

SKY ONE in Auz??

Old May 6th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default SKY ONE in Auz??

Hi, can i ask which may seem a silly question, but can you get SKY ONE in Auz?? Basically i love a few programmes on there such as Dream Team and 24 and Nip/Tuck, so would be impressed if you could get it out there?, if not do they show these shows on any other Satelite Channels??

Many Thanks
Tony
Old May 6th 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: SKY ONE in Auz??

not a cat in hells chance

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Hi, can i ask which may seem a silly question, but can you get SKY ONE in Auz?? Basically i love a few programmes on there such as Dream Team and 24 and Nip/Tuck, so would be impressed if you could get it out there?, if not do they show these shows on any other Satelite Channels??

Many Thanks
Tony
Old May 6th 2005, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by skyblue
not a cat in hells chance
Thanks for your quick reply, but there must be a way
I know im sad, but these little programmes are very entertaining
Old May 6th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

maybe someone has a tv listing for foxel which is the Oz version of satelite but you cannot get sky tv as we know it.

Thanks for your quick reply, but there must be a way
I know im sad, but these little programmes are very entertaining
Old May 6th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

maybe someone has a tv listing for foxel which is the Oz version of satelite but you cannot get sky tv as we know it.
Thanks, hopefully Foxel will buy Amercian TV shows such as 24 and NIP/Tuck.
Old May 6th 2005, 5:25 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out http://www.foxtel.com.au/

Happy square eyes
Old May 6th 2005, 6:31 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Check out http://www.foxtel.com.au/

Happy square eyes

Hi, just had to reply I absolutely adore nip/tuck, must be something to do with the fact that Julian McMahon is completely delish yum yum. Also love will and grace and charmed, again for the lovely julian. But I am glad that we will be able to see cutting it before we go, can we get british tv? If there is a god we will be able to tune in to our faves when we get to Oz, after all Julian is the son of an ex australian prime minister. P.S. I do have other interests.
Old May 6th 2005, 6:40 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meljor
Hi, just had to reply I absolutely adore nip/tuck, must be something to do with the fact that Julian McMahon is completely delish yum yum. Also love will and grace and charmed, again for the lovely julian. But I am glad that we will be able to see cutting it before we go, can we get british tv? If there is a god we will be able to tune in to our faves when we get to Oz, after all Julian is the son of an ex australian prime minister. P.S. I do have other interests.
Check out the guide on the website to the channels and programes they do get some uktv but guessing not all !
Old May 6th 2005, 11:31 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

24 and nip/tuck are on free-to-air tv, although they haven't started showing the latest series of 24
Old May 7th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meljor
Yep, we Australians were never too sure of "Billy Big Ears" he didn't marry until later in life and it was rumoured around East Sydney that he was AC/DC and only married because he wouldn't get any further up the political tree unless he had a wife. So he married a Society Lady and then the populace wasn't too sure that someone else didn't fill her in.

The Q of Billy' predelictions hung over him long after his death.

Still that's all rumour, ain't it :-)
Old May 7th 2005, 12:34 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks
Tony
I remember watching 24 and Charmed on one of the channels in Oz
Old May 7th 2005, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks
Tony
Sky one is basically Fox8 here. Its the 'Simpson/Futurama occasionally interupted by other american programmes' channel.

All the other stuff you mentioned is bound to be on foxtel as well. I don't watch any of that trash.

Now whens Naked News on?

Damn missed it...

JTL
Old May 7th 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys, I can carry on with the visa then
Old May 7th 2005, 5:56 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

look here, you can download tv programmes from this site.

http://www.tvshows.org/
Old May 7th 2005, 11:46 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Tvshows.org rang some bells, I heard some bad stuff about tvshows.org, plenty of threads in scam reports about it.

if you google tvshows or tvshows.org you come up with plenty of references to it being a scam with some weak info on how to use bit-torrent and other kazaa type sharing software to download from file sharing services.

So it would appear its a little dodgy at least, and scam at worst.

If anyone has used it with great success on here would be good to get a balanced view?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.