Sky Digital

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about
Default Sky Digital

Can anyone tell me,as we plan to move to Oz sometime next year i, like everyone will take as much as i can possibly afford and as i have lived in Australia for 12 years before i know that they dont have many TV channels and been in the uk we have had "Sky Digital" Does anyone know if i was to bring over my reciever and dish,would we be able to pick any satalite channels up.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:24 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Sky Digital

Originally posted by dazandreb
Can anyone tell me,as we plan to move to Oz sometime next year i, like everyone will take as much as i can possibly afford and as i have lived in Australia for 12 years before i know that they dont have many TV channels and been in the uk we have had "Sky Digital" Does anyone know if i was to bring over my reciever and dish,would we be able to pick any satalite channels up.
Hi there

Not an expert in this field at all but I imagine Foxtel would not be impressed with you bringing over your own equipment, they want to make a few bucks out of you.

I believe Foxtel are going digitial in March 2004 (just when we return to the UK). They are upgrading their cards at the moment and we spoke to the Sports guy at Sky Australia - Craig Norenbergs who confirmed this and said

"In March there'll be an entire channel devoted to BSkyB." I think the soccer fans will be happy with this.

Their website is www.foxtel.tv if this helps.

Best of luck
Merlot

Sportsline Australia has shifted to the morning (as well as keeping the evening edition) because in March there'll be an entire channel devoted to BSkyB.