Wikiposts

Sky Digibox

Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Saintly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sky Digibox

Hi There

Rang Sky up at the weekend to cancel subscription and to arrange for them to collect the box. Guy on the other end said that the box was ours to keep and asked where we were going. After the usual comments about moving to oz he then said that some people took the box with them.

Is this true, has anyone taken their's with them and if so, do they work?

Any replies would be appreciated, as Crown are arriving at 9 in the morning to start packing!!!! :scared:

Cheers
Christine
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:23 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Digibox

Originally Posted by Saintly1
Hi There

Rang Sky up at the weekend to cancel subscription and to arrange for them to collect the box. Guy on the other end said that the box was ours to keep and asked where we were going. After the usual comments about moving to oz he then said that some people took the box with them.

Any replies would be appreciated, as Crown are arriving at 9 in the morning to start packing!!!! :scared:

Cheers
Christine
I`m sure I`ve read on here that they don`t work (could be wrong though) try doing a search. Hope the move goes ok for you though
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:24 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I`m sure I`ve read on here that they don`t work (could be wrong though) try doing a search. Hope the move goes ok for you though

No it'll probably work if you have a satelite dish the size of a small third world nation
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fraser
No it'll probably work if you have a satelite dish the size of a small third world nation

Following on from my first question...... does anyone know where in Perth I can get a satelite dish the size of a small third world nation? Looked in yellowpages but wasn't sure whether to look under 'Big Ones' or 'Small Third World Nation Size'

Thanks for the replies

Cheers
Chris

OMG only 21 and a half hours b4 the packers get here, wot am i doing on here when there's so much to do in so little time!!!! :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:27 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

Cheers
Christine
As far as I understand they don't work in Aus... why not just leave it with a neighbour as they could use it to get the FREEVIEW channels through it... maybe.....?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

They may work in OZ but they wont pick up Sky, have a look on the Sky website and look at the footprint the satelite has (basically UK and a fair bit of Europe)
Not sure what system the OZ sat's use, if they use the same as Sky it may be possible to use your system (with a Foxtel card)

Anyone know if this will work?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Following on from my first question...... does anyone know where in Perth I can get a satelite dish the size of a small third world nation? Looked in yellowpages but wasn't sure whether to look under 'Big Ones' or 'Small Third World Nation Size'

Thanks for the replies

Cheers
Chris

OMG only 21 and a half hours b4 the packers get here, wot am i doing on here when there's so much to do in so little time!!!! :scared:

PMSL!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:35 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

or sell it on ebay, great little things to have , I wonder if there is a way of converting them? Dont think I could get used to TV without it now, I,m forever pausing a show and rewinding,, "did she just say......." THERE MUST BE A WAY!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

we were told by the guy at sky to sell it on ebay.
steve
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:06 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Rang Sky up at the weekend to cancel subscription and to arrange for them to collect the box. Guy on the other end said that the box was ours to keep
Last time we moved house my friend (NTL subscriber) was shocked that we were taking the box with us! With NTL (and I guess the other cable companies) the box belongs to them, with Sky you buy it outright (normally).
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Mr B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

Cheers
Christine
When I was in Oz at beginning of March noticed that Foxtel offer a digital satellite service and the remote controls for standard sky and sky+ are identical - so it may work with the right viewing card....?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:19 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr B
When I was in Oz at beginning of March noticed that Foxtel offer a digital satellite service and the remote controls for standard sky and sky+ are identical - so it may work with the right viewing card....?
Have a look at http://www.dba.org.au/, you might find the answer there.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:26 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
Have a look at http://www.dba.org.au/, you might find the answer there.

I have foxtel and it is basically the same system used in the Uk as far as how to use it etc (the remote is the same and the style on the screen is the same) but I was told by both SKy and Foxtel that a Uk Sky box would not use, I wich I brought mine with me now so I coudl ahve tried pluggin it ina to see what happens.

Anyway, you get a box here and they have also recently launched Foxtel IQ which is sky + loo at www.foxtel.com.au

Kala
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:52 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

If you can`t sell it quickly I`d take it with you and see if it works.... you may always be able to hack it to work in Oz anyway. If not, it could make a good X`mas pressie for someone in the UK.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out the web links.

9hrs b4 packers arrive and still not ready!!! :scared:

Anyone out there got a magic wand I could have a wave of?

Cheers
Christine