Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

job not on the sol?

job not on the sol?

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question job not on the sol?

HELP!!!! We want to emmigrate to Australia but my hubby owns his own contract business and it's not on the list. I am trained as a Nursery Nurse and that's not on their either. does that mean that one of us will have to re-train and then get 3 years experience before we can apply??? Please give us some options, we are totally new to all this. We have 2 boys ages 5 + 7 yrs and desperately want to leave U.K.
Any info appreciated

Becky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job not on the sol?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
HELP!!!! We want to emmigrate to Australia but my hubby owns his own contract business and it's not on the list. I am trained as a Nursery Nurse and that's not on their either. does that mean that one of us will have to re-train and then get 3 years experience before we can apply??? Please give us some options, we are totally new to all this. We have 2 boys ages 5 + 7 yrs and desperately want to leave U.K.
Any info appreciated

Becky
Don't try to absorb all the information in one day - there's far too much there.

Get assistance from a professional, but do remember that skilled migration to Australia is for those who are *skilled* and if you're not then options are likely to be limited.

If your husband is a businessman, then look at business migration - different rules.

Jeremy
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Unhappy Re: job not on the sol?

Originally Posted by JAJ
Don't try to absorb all the information in one day - there's far too much there.

Get assistance from a professional, but do remember that skilled migration to Australia is for those who are *skilled* and if you're not then options are likely to be limited.

If your husband is a businessman, then look at business migration - different rules.

Jeremy
He's run his own contract cleaning business for 4 years but with no formal qualifications. He has 18 members of staff but not enough assets to qualify for the business visa. (I think!!!)Have been looking into re-training but don't know what job in.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:57 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum.

Can't help you myself, but you should post this on the immigration forum (AUS & NZ), I'm sure you will get more replies there.

Carole

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Any info appreciated

Becky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum.

Can't help you myself, but you should post this on the immigration forum (AUS & NZ), I'm sure you will get more replies there.

Carole

Thanks for the reply, have re-posted on immigration thread (thought I had!!)