Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills assessment - course transcripts?

Skills assessment - course transcripts?

Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:51 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Skills assessment - course transcripts?

Hello,

Am preparing my skills assessment and I need a course transcript. What is this and how do I get one?

Do I need one for my degree as well as my professional qualification course?

Thank you for any help!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:56 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Skills assessment - course transcripts?

Originally Posted by ws99
Hello,

Am preparing my skills assessment and I need a course transcript. What is this and how do I get one?

Thank you for any help!
It will be a list of modules / topics covered on your course and the marks you received for each one. You get it from the administration department of the institution you trained at. My wife had to get one from Bath Uni and one from deMontfort. Bath got it to us in three days with no charge, whereas deMontfort charged us £20 and took 4 weeks!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting transcripts can really be a pain!
My husband and I have both had to get them from plymouth uni £50 each! Took about 4 weeks.
Then, when getting my husbands certificates out the loft - we found he did already have a course transcript! So it's worth double checking any paperwork you have.

I'm still waiting for De Montfort (Beford) to send me mine for my PGCE, 8 weeks later and several phone calls...but they've not mentioned a charge!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thank you for any help!
I had to request mine by calling up the uni - aparently they were given to you as you gradualted, but I honestly don't remember receiving one. I contacted my university and asked them to send it to me, I believe I had to felll in a form, and then they sent the transcropt to me. They also told me that they only keep them for 5 years after your course is completed so I did it just in time (this may differ from uni to uni).
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:30 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Hello,

Thank you for any help!

Any university should have a syllabus of the degree. Send them a certified copy of that. (Papers taken, contents covered) Sometimes the uni website might have it.

If the professional qualification is already recognized for full membership or part membership by the related Australian professional body, then you do not need to send a syllabus. For example, CIMA, ACCA.

In both cases, you will have to send the copy of the official transcript including band/grade achived for each subject with the overall band/grade.

That's what I sent to the NIA Australia and they had no problem with it.