Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled Processing Times. Is it a lottery?

Skilled Processing Times. Is it a lottery?

Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Skilled Processing Times. Is it a lottery?

From other forums and news groups etc. It really does seem that it is a real lottery when it comes to getting your skilled independent visa processed. At the moment some people are receiving their requests for medicals in three months, some poor people have to wait nine months, some six and others over a year. Do they have a system in Adelaide or do you think it is just luck and it depends if you are lucky enough for them to pick up your file?

I guess I am not the only one who is getting in a real tizzy over it all. Don't they realise we all have to put our life on hold, not know if we are coming or going and try to plan the rest of our lives without knowing when it will start?

I feel better after my little gripe, but it still piddles me off.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

In short

Yes
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Processing Times. Is it a lottery?

Originally posted by pabloako
From other forums and news groups etc. It really does seem that it is a real lottery when it comes to getting your skilled independent visa processed. At the moment some people are receiving their requests for medicals in three months, some poor people have to wait nine months, some six and others over a year. Do they have a system in Adelaide or do you think it is just luck and it depends if you are lucky enough for them to pick up your file?

I guess I am not the only one who is getting in a real tizzy over it all. Don't they realise we all have to put our life on hold, not know if we are coming or going and try to plan the rest of our lives without knowing when it will start?

I feel better after my little gripe, but it still piddles me off.
Lottery oh yes.We were told 9 months when we applied this quickly grew to 20 months and are about to celebrate 23 months by putting our application on hold until our baby is born.Sorry but 9 months is a cakewalk!!