Reload this Page >

Skilled independant visa

Skilled independant visa

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:46 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road
Question Skilled independant visa

Would like to hear success or sob stories.

Am going to get asessed(?) on trade quals, any comments welcome.

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:00 pm
CARDIFFKID

what trade are you going to apply in?
I work as a foreman carpenter so went through on carpenter and joiner, 60 point for me not sure how many points site manager gets? sometimes better to go through as your trade background,

best of luck

CARDIFFKID

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:25 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by CARDIFFKID
what trade are you going to apply in?
I work as a foreman carpenter so went through on carpenter and joiner, 60 point for me not sure how many points site manager gets? sometimes better to go through as your trade background,

best of luck

CARDIFFKID

I am going to try as carpenter supervisor based on my trade quals. I will submitt saying that at present i am 85% supervisory on site with 15% of my time spent on managerial duties, hopefully this will work. What quals did you have? i have advanced craft city & guilds carpentry joinery, HNC building studies + others

SMC
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:41 pm
CARDIFFKID

Yep better to say that your hands on than sitting at a desk all day!! , In my case when i filled out my forms i put that i was more hands on to show them that i could do carpentry,

I was the last year of city and guilds before they changed it to N.V.Q .City and guilds carpentry ,advanced, advanced bench joinery,also advanced shopfitting WOW !! LOL!!.

I applied in june 03 and hoping to her in feb 04 for meds and police checks! Using agent I.S.A very good up to date.

Cheers

CARDIFFKID